Kolb wants to start or wants out

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Personally I think EC is the only self declared Eagles fan on this thread that has their head screwed on straight. Kolb might be great someday but he's done nothing to prove it. Vick is playing at an unreal level right now, there's no might about it. An old saying says that a bird in the hand beats two in the bush. If you can't keep but one for whatever reason it has to be Vick or there will be a mutiny of the likes not seen in ages.

So, no one year wonder concerns? Or playing for contract concerns? If not, you are in the minority.

To Orgazmo's point, he may have something there. Reid and his offense has made stars out of alot of Qbs. Is Vick all that...if he moves on? For that matter, would Kolb be? dunno: He did make McNabb, Garcia, Feeley, Kolb and now Vick look like superstars.

Definately something to think about there.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Kolb will be a good QB in time, he just needs some playing time to grow. Sitting on the bench is not helping him. Hope Philly does the right thing and considers a trade for him or at least lets him go after his contract is up.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
Kolb will be a good QB in time, he just needs some playing time to grow. Sitting on the bench is not helping him. Hope Philly does the right thing and considers a trade for him or at least lets him go after his contract is up.

i think kolb will be traded most likely, and hopefully (as phic said) kafka will pan out as the next starter, to be groomed by vick

Phicinfan

Administrator
i think kolb will be traded most likely, and hopefully (as phic said) kafka will pan out as the next starter, to be groomed by vick

If there is a trade, it will be Kolb. With the labor deal in flux, and depending on how Tags are used, I can't see anyone trading for Vick, without a long term deal. Just don't.

As for Kafka....I have heard solid things on him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
If there is a trade, it will be Kolb. With the labor deal in flux, and depending on how Tags are used, I can't see anyone trading for Vick, without a long term deal. Just don't.

As for Kafka....I have heard solid things on him.

Want to clarify some things as well.

First, Vick will be a UFA once the CBA is set. 2011 is the final year of Kolb's contract, and he will be a FA in 2012, if they don't trade or extend him again.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust

Hope your right. Like to see what Kolb can do if hes traded for and named the starter. Team having confidence in him will go along ways. Then it will be his own failure if he doesnt pan out. So many teams need him that this could be an interesting off season and Philly might be sitting on a gold mine in Kolb.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Kafka was a good college QB, but I wouldnt want Vick "grooming" him. Vick is a guy who himself is still learning how to act as an NFL QB. Before you Eagles fans go having a meltdown, lets be honest. He spent years doing it "his" way, not the right way, getting by on athletic ability only.

This, to me, is the first season where Vick was actually a QB who took more than two reads before he took off running. Given the fact the Eagles used the offseason and camp to groom Kolb, this will be the first "Im the starter" off-season for Vick, and Id rather my next hope at QB learn from someone who has been there rather than someone who is still learning where there is.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Kafka was a good college QB, but I wouldnt want Vick "grooming" him. Vick is a guy who himself is still learning how to act as an NFL QB. Before you Eagles fans go having a meltdown, lets be honest. He spent years doing it "his" way, not the right way, getting by on athletic ability only.

This, to me, is the first season where Vick was actually a QB who took more than two reads before he took off running. Given the fact the Eagles used the offseason and camp to groom Kolb, this will be the first "Im the starter" off-season for Vick, and Id rather my next hope at QB learn from someone who has been there rather than someone who is still learning where there is.

First, I don't see Kafka learning from Vick. As pointed out by O, Qbs in this offense do very, very well, regardless of who that Qb is. I think Reid, Morningweg and crew will get Kafka, Vick or Kolb or whoever it ends up being ready for the season. That does not worry me.

What DOES worry me is this. Vick had an incredible season. Can he repeat it? Can he stay healthy? He missed 2 games this year, and teams will be gunning for him even more next year. I also think Andy is a stand up coach. He promised this team to Kolb, and due to his lousy O-line nearly got him killed. If Andy truly wants Vick...I can see him dealing Kolb...to get him his shot at starting. Same as McNabb this year. He does not want to screw them over. Especially since Kolb was standup with it this year. Just my gut feeling on that though. I would love to see Kolb start somewhere. I think he has potential to be solid like a Flacco or Ryan. But I don't want to see the Eagles screwed if Vick goes down.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
First, I don't see Kafka learning from Vick. As pointed out by O, Qbs in this offense do very, very well, regardless of who that Qb is. I think Reid, Morningweg and crew will get Kafka, Vick or Kolb or whoever it ends up being ready for the season. That does not worry me.

EC had mentioned Vick grooming Kafka. I hope you dont see him teaching Kafka either.

What DOES worry me is this. Vick had an incredible season. Can he repeat it? Can he stay healthy? He missed 2 games this year, and teams will be gunning for him even more next year. I also think Andy is a stand up coach. He promised this team to Kolb, and due to his lousy O-line nearly got him killed. If Andy truly wants Vick...I can see him dealing Kolb...to get him his shot at starting. Same as McNabb this year. He does not want to screw them over. Especially since Kolb was standup with it this year. Just my gut feeling on that though. I would love to see Kolb start somewhere. I think he has potential to be solid like a Flacco or Ryan. But I don't want to see the Eagles screwed if Vick goes down.

I dont think he can repeat it, for the simple fact he wont stay healthy. Most LB corps are becoming full of aging career killers like Ray Lewis or young genetic freaks like Clay Matthews. He can take the hits for ever.