Keeper Question

tblGoBlue

I need some advice on a keeper situation.

Say I have the following players:

F. Gore
L. Fitzgerald

T. Jones
W. Parker
L. Moore

I can keep either Gore or Fitzgerald and then any 2 out of Jones, Parker, and Moore. What should I do?

My first inclination was Fitz, Jones, Parker, but I hate to pass up on Gore so I'm also toying with Gore, Jones, Moore or Gore, Jones, Parker.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I need some advice on a keeper situation.

Say I have the following players:

F. Gore
L. Fitzgerald

T. Jones
W. Parker
L. Moore

I can keep either Gore or Fitzgerald and then any 2 out of Jones, Parker, and Moore. What should I do?

My first inclination was Fitz, Jones, Parker, but I hate to pass up on Gore so I'm also toying with Gore, Jones, Moore or Gore, Jones, Parker.

Fitzgerald for sure. All day every day

Then Jones.....and take a flyer on Moore.

bodey24

Staff member
Nevermind I change mine. Go with Fitz, Parker, and Lance Moore. When I looked at it the first time I didn't see the L so I just assumed it was Mewelde Moore.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I would let Jones go simply because of the fact that he is old and coming to the end of career. In a keeper you want to go with players that have value going forward and not value based on past performance.

bobbeaux

do you have to keep 3? . . . can you get extra early picks by not keeping 3?

the way i look at it, you would want to keep players that would normally be drafted in the 1st 3 rounds . . . take your pick of fitz and gore (i'd go fitz) and let the others go as they would normally go in the 4th or later, imo . . . ;)

if you have to keep 3, i'd go fitz, jones and parker . . . ;)

tblGoBlue

Your picks happen in the round in the draft where the player would fall according to the top 200 rankings. I have been offered trades for Marques Colston (3rd round) from owners of both Gore and Fitz so I'm deciding who to get. I cannot get both of them. So if I keep Fitz, Jones and Parker I get picks in rounds 2 and 3. If I keep Fitz, Parker, and Moore, I get picks in rounds 2,3,4.

Here is the round each player would be in if the rankings stopped moving today:
Gore 1
Fitz 1

Jones 4
Parker 5
Moore 7

I don't have to keep 3 but it seems like Lance Moore is worth a round 7 pick so even if I don't keep both Jones and Parker I would keep Moore.

cctekguy

Staff member
I love Fitz and believe him to be the top WR in FF.

But....

Gore is one of a thimbleful of RBs that is going to be carrying the load AND getting the goal line touches. I'm optimistic about the Niners this year under Singletary and think they will shift their emphasis to a ball control offense. A bonus for Gore if you are PPR.

Your chances of getting a top notch receiver in the second round are better than getting a RB of Gore's caliber.

Jones and Parker both scare me a little so I'd keep Parker to save my 4th round pick.

Moore doesn't excite me either but is a steal in the 7th.

So I'd keep Gore, Parker and Moore.

tblGoBlue

I want to get some more opinions on this... still Jones in 4 over Parker in 5? Beginning to waiver on my Jones love. I pulled the trigger on the Fitz trade so I'm def. keeping him.

tblGoBlue

I have to declare Keepers on Thursday. Currently I am set on 2 of them, Fitz in rd 1 and Parker in 5. I have traded T. Jones for Cutler so I now have the option of keeping either Cutler in round 6 or Lance Moore in Round 10.

I am really nervous about not having a great QB, and I've been a big Cutler fan the past couple years, but he's a question mark this year. I almost feel like Cutler is the #12 QB anyhow, so I'm not sure if I want to secure him in Rd 6 so I don't have to worry about it, or take my chances on getting someone better earlier or someone equivalent later than Rd 6.

Would you keep Moore in 10 or Cutler in 6?

cctekguy

Staff member
Hey Blue,

So you've already made the deal for Fitz and you traded Jones for Cutler, right?

You're keeping Fitz and Parker leaving you a 2,3 and 4 pick.

IMO, you need 2 RBs that are better than Parker, a solid WR to pair with Fitz and a QB you can depend on week in and week out.

Moore's value has already dropped from 7 to 10 so keeping him looks more appealing all the time, but you traded Jones for Cutler so if you throw Cutler away it means you gave Jones away for nothing which makes the trade look really stupid. (don't know if you care about such things).

Under the circumstances, I'd keep Cutler, use my 2,3 and 4 for 2 RB's and a WR and plan on starting Cutler.

If you start more than 1 flex you may need to go RB, WR, WR and accept Parker as your #2.

I'd spend an earlier mid-round pick to get a decent QB 2 because of the shroud of doubt around Cutler.

Hope this helps and good luck in ALL your leagues! (except SOFFL II, of course :grin: )

tblGoBlue

Thanks CCTek. I don't necessarily have to keep Cutler. There are all sorts of trades going on b/c people are attempting to mess with other people's heads. The other guy isn't even keeping Jones... I just love the value of Lance Moore in Rd 10 and don't think I can pass that up. I may consider throwing Parker back into the pool and relying on my draft skills to get some great 3 great backs and a solid WR2 in 2-5 and then I'll have 3 good WR, 3 good RB, and Cutler. Looking at Parker's ADP he's dropping way low to round 6 or so. I just don't know though I feel like I'm overanalyzing this and will end up screwing myself.

Last year I gave up Fitzgerald to get Braylon Edwards and well that just destroyed me. The other great move I made was to drop D. Williams after wk 4.