Keeper League Advice

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
man, tough call. I'm not a Russell fan at all. Keller looked decent this year and could be a nice TE option for many years. QB is a more important spot than TE though, unless you have another plan at QB early in the draft I'd keep Russell, but I would strongly consider Keller if you can solve your QB problem elsewhere.

MNJohnson1

I am not a big Russell fan either. I just see it as my most viable option. If I keep him, my years 2,3 and 4 are covered so it would enable me to concentrate more on talent than fulfilling year requirements. I was thinking of offering a 2nd rd. pick for Flacco, keeping Keller and ditching Russell. What does anyone think of that?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think your better off keeping your 2nd and just keeping Russell than giving up a good pick for an average fabtasy QB.

bobbeaux

With our league there is no backup. You take 2 Qbs, 3 Rbs, 4 Wrs, 2 Tes and 1 kicker. I will likely be picking 3rd of 8 in our pool. I am liking Fitz if he is available at 3rd pick, if not, likely SJax. For Qbs I like Schaub, Cassel will be going back in as will Thigpen. I like Russell cause I think the Raiders are going to get Crabtree in the draft.

i agreee with most that's been said . . . but, you stated earlier that you couldn't keep players that were picked up on waivers . . . RB DeAngelo Williams . . . I'd definitely take him before SJax . . . ;)

Arctic Dawgs

3rd of 8. Already we know that Fitz, DeAngelo, and S.Jackson will be there. Then you pick again at 14 and 19. With the 5th yr and waiver drops + the Rookies, you should be able to get some pretty good talent with your 1st 3 picks

MNJohnson1

So, here is a question for ALL, with my first rd. pick I want a WR so would you trade my first pick for Colston, Jennings or Bowe?

bobbeaux

hmmm . . . who has the 1st pick? . . . make a deal with him for lesser players and to swap picks and get Fitz instead . . . ;)

but, to answer your question, i'd lean towards jennings and then, bowe . . . but strength of schedule and who has the best ff playoff schedule would make my mind up for me . . . ;)

MNJohnson1

The issue with Fitz is that he is a one year pony as a yr 6 he will be gone from our pool the year after next, whereas Jennings and Bowe will be a year 4 and 3 respectively allowing me to keep them for severall years.