Keep Luck?

My local league draft is quickly approaching and I don't know WTF to do. 10 team standard league with 4 pt passing TDs. Everyone keeps 1 player with no penalty.

My keeper options are Luck, Demaryius or Calvin Johnson. I've been telling myself I wanted to keep Luck for awhile because it's fun to have him and he's a difference maker in a shallow league. I do see the huge advantages to waiting on QB though.

Picking #2 is kind of messing with me... I hate the wait before my double dip.How would you want to start? Is it stupid to keep a guy with a lower ADP?

Luck/RB (Anderson,Forte,Murray are best available)

Luck/Any WR except A. Brown

Demaryius with RB or WR

Calvin with RB or WR?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd never want to keep a QB but in a 10 team league with only 4 points per passing TD I'd give it strong consideration Chris. For me it'd be Luck and best WWR available.

2minutedrill

For me I'd have to go Luck/Forte in a standard league (or best rb available)
Calvin and Demaryius are great but luck gives you a bunch of pts each week. That long wait for the next pick (snake draft) is a killer!

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I'd go with Demaryius and grab BPA with your first pick. Getting a serviceable QB or two later on in the draft and stacking up on position players early is the way to go IMO.

cctekguy

Staff member
Agree with German.

4 pts per TD drops Luck's value a bit and raises the value of leggy QB's (Cam, Wilson etc.) that will be there later. With top 6 RB's already gone, I think I'd hit WR or Gronk with my 2 and see what's hanging around @ RB and QB on my turn around. (though once you skip on top tier QB you might as well wait 'till later).

Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Had the draft last night and kept Demaryius. Came away from it a little dissatisfied. I did a lousy job at RB.

QB: Romo, Ryan
RB: Ingram, Abdullah, Ivory, Bernard, Tre Mason, Woodhead
WR: Thomas,D. Bryant, Jeffery, M. Bryant, D. Adams, P. Dorsett
DST: Jets
K: Hauschka

No mandatory TE,we start 2 RB and 3 WR/TE. Feels like a 5th place team :(

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah it's not all that for a ten team league. RB could work for you though. You could use Tre early and when Gurley cancels him out the nuts in Detroit should realize that Abdullah is the man. As usual you have your wings firmly in place.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Looks fine to me.. Your QBs are both good, might be able to trade one away later. WRs are very strong. RBs are serviceable, Ingram and ivory are both starters, Mason too for a while. Hopefully Abdullah blows up at some point.