Johnny football is becoming quite the douche

bodey24

Staff member
I'ts trash talk. Everyone in the NCAA and NFL does it. It's just being magnified when he does.. I don't like Manziel as a person, but I do like watching him play. He's no different than any other good player who talks trash because they know they can back it up.

romanempire

I'ts trash talk. Everyone in the NCAA and NFL does it. It's just being magnified when he does.. I don't like Manziel as a person, but I do like watching him play. He's no different than any other good player who talks trash because they know they can back it up.

It's magnified when he does it because he magnifies it. There's a difference between subtle trash talk and telegraphing it to the whole world. Manziel brings the negative attention to himself.

bodey24

Staff member
He's not the one forcing ESPN to show it 50 times. ESPN is the one telegraphing it to the whole world, it's not like he went up to the camera and did it. He's no different then a majority of the other 20 year olds who are really good at football. You can't watch a football game without seeing trash talk every 5 minutes.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
My mom taught me that just because so and so done something didn't mean that I should do it. Dude was coming off of a half game (ROFLMAO) suspension and couldn't keep out of trouble for a simple half. No class bum if you want my opinion.

romanempire

He's not the one forcing ESPN to show it 50 times. ESPN is the one telegraphing it to the whole world, it's not like he went up to the camera and did it. He's no different then a majority of the other 20 year olds who are really good at football. You can't watch a football game without seeing trash talk every 5 minutes.

Ummm...his own actions are the reason ESPN is talking about it. How about quit acting like a little punk so sportscasters won't have a reason to call you out on it. And there's a difference between subtle trash talk and taunting the other team. Clearly he was taunting, and clearly he's a douche for reacting to his coach the way he did.

bodey24

Staff member
How do you know he's the one that instigated it? Yes, his actions are the reason ESPN is talking about it but its because he's the biggest name in college football. ESPn isn't going to talk about Joe Shmoe who talks trash in a football game because it happens all of the time. The penalty didn't cost them because they were playing rice. We will see if does something to hurt his team in two weeks against bama.

romanempire

How do you know he's the one that instigated it? Yes, his actions are the reason ESPN is talking about it but its because he's the biggest name in college football. ESPn isn't going to talk about Joe Shmoe who talks trash in a football game because it happens all of the time. The penalty didn't cost them because they were playing rice. We will see if does something to hurt his team in two weeks against bama.

." The penalty didn't cost them because they were playing rice. We will see if does something to hurt his team in two weeks against bama."

Umm...that was the whole pint I was making is that it could cost them against an SEC opponent. Otherwise, this ain't 3rd grade "teacher he started it". He's a grown man who should learn a little poise instead of being a douchebag that let's a nobody from Rice bait him into getting a taunting penalty. He also needs to learn a little respect for the man who is coaching his team, instead of being a punk that walks away while his HC is trying to talk to him.

wical34

My reality check bounced.
. He's a grown man who should learn a little poise instead of being a douchebag that let's a nobody from Rice bait him into getting a taunting penalty.

He is an incredible talent who won't let things go. We can all agree on that. -- BUT he has earned the right to talk trash in college football. He is one of the best gamers in NCAA.

If I'm Johnny Football I'm holding an autograph session for free and telling everyone to KMA. The media is eating it up right now, just like Manti Te'o. Useless stories about college athletes because everyone loves watching a train wreck.

If you're the best, you aren't liked by everyone.

bodey24

Staff member
." The penalty didn't cost them because they were playing rice. We will see if does something to hurt his team in two weeks against bama."

Umm...that was the whole pint I was making is that it could cost them against an SEC opponent. Otherwise, this ain't 3rd grade "teacher he started it". He's a grown man who should learn a little poise instead of being a douchebag that let's a nobody from Rice bait him into getting a taunting penalty. He also needs to learn a little respect for the man who is coaching his team, instead of being a punk that walks away while his HC is trying to talk to him.

haha. Because he is the only person to have ever done that before. Every time a coach is ripping a players a$$ whether it be in the NFL or NCAA the player does the same thing Manziel did. You are in the majority that dislikes Manziel which is why you magnify every thing he does.

romanempire

haha. Because he is the only person to have ever done that before. Every time a coach is ripping a players a$$ whether it be in the NFL or NCAA the player does the same thing Manziel did. You are in the majority that dislikes Manziel which is why you magnify every thing he does.

No, every player doesn't do that. Only self-important punks do that. Personally I think Manziel is quite the football player but that doesn't mean I won't call him out for being a douchebag when it is warranted. But don't let facts stand in the way of your Johnny Football man crush you have going on...

bodey24

Staff member
No, every player doesn't do that. Only self-important punks do that. Personally I think Manziel is quite the football player but that doesn't mean I won't call him out for being a douchebag when it is warranted. But don't let facts stand in the way of your Johnny Football man crush you have going on...

What facts are you pointing out? In my lifetime I have seen way more football players walk on by a coach as he is ripping into them then I have seen stand there and take it.

Haha man crush? I have already stated I don't like manziel as a person, I'm just not going to sit here and magnify every little thing he does. That is what haters do.

Anyway, I'm done with this conversation. You have your opinion and I have mine. Good talk....