Jets to hire Rex Ryan

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I like the hire.....the Jets have some nice defensive parts in place to do some things similar to what he did in Baltimore.

dukdown

Banned
Does Ryan get to bring Ed Reed and Ray Lewis with him? Will be interesting to see how his dad's 46 defense works with a group of less talented players than he had in Bmore. And how Ryan handles the stress of the hot lights of Broadway.

Mike

Administrator
Those are great players that he has, but the thing that outshines their talent, in my opinion, is how hard that unit plays for Ryan. If he can bring that kind of focus and intensity to the entire team in New York, this will be a very good Jets team, very soon.

Interested to see how he pans out at the head coach level.

Haven't followed the Jets coaching search, was the Rooney Rule followed here?

dukdown

Banned
Well, ok, maybe, but hard to say if they play hard for Ryan, or play hard for their peers. But granted, you have to bring something to the table to retain the respect of those level of players.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Duk has a point though. Heart only carries so far, you need the talent for the system. Jets have some def talent, but need a safety to fit the roll, and some more work at Lb. IF they give him the time though, I like the hire and his chances.