Jay Cutler

tblGoBlue

So everyone seems really high on Cutler this year under Mike Martz's offense. But why is this year different? I look for consistency in a fantasy QB, and Cutler is anything but.

Why is everyone so convinced that Cutler is going to be different this year than in years past. Why shouldn't I believe he's going to average 3 picks a game and choke in the red zone?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Cutler lieky still will throw more than his share of picks this season so leagues that penalize interceptions should keep that in mind.

Hester said in an interview this weekend that Cutler was totally different in camp this season. Last year Hester said that Cutler hung back and never tried to take charge of his team. He said such is not the case this season. According to Hester Cutler is THE leader this year that he wasn't last. He claims his decisions are quicker as well.

Runnik's Hambones

Fantasy wise, it's all about yards and TDs vs Int, with Cutler. When he threw for 4500+ yards, he also had 25 TDs vs 18 INT. That posted really good numbers for Cutler. When he threw for 3400+ yards, he had 20 TDs vs 14 INT. That as well nets decent numbers because the TD:INT wasn't too bad. Last year he was crap because while throwing 3600+, he threw 27 TDs and 26 INT.

What people are hoping for, I think, is that Cutler's TDs will stay about the same, 20-25, and that his INT, will go back down (due to leadership and comfortability) to about 17-19, but that in the Martz system, his yards will eclipse 4,000 again.

Keep in mind though, Cutler is really not all THAT spectacular as a starting NFL QB. I must admit, he never had the best defense, especially his last 2 years in Denver, but he's still only 24-29 for his career.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
I got burned by him last year, so I'm more inclined to stay away until he can prove he has better value. Honestly though, a lot of drafts I see have him going after round 7.