Is this QB a future Hall of Famer, Part II?

Future Hall of Famer?

• Total voters

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
First, for all the success McNabb has had, he has not won a championship, and instead has shown the ability to "choke" in big games.

warner's biggest playoff games
'00 conf champ - 26/43 for 258 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
'00 super bowl - 24/45 for 414 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
'02 conf champ - 22/33 for 212 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
'02 super bowl - 28/44 for 365 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

so in the five biggest games of his career, warner has 5 TDs and 5 picks. he only has one good game in the bunch with 400 yards and 2 picks in the super bowl. and even then he had a terrible completion percentage and came a yard away from probably losing the super bowl and the mvp trophy along with it. one game was mediocre, two were downright bad.

mcnabb's biggest payoff games
'02 conf champ - 18/30 for 171 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 26 yards rushing, 1 TD
'03 conf champ - 26/49 for 243 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
'04 conf champ - 10/22 for 100 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT
'05 conf champ - 17/26 for 180 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
'05 super bowl - 30/51 for 357 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT

not special obviousy. only one good game in the bunch, one absolute stink bomb, and three other average performances. 8 TD, 8 INT in the five games. not goign to try to defend these numbers. but theyre hardly much better or worse than warner in the same big games.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
He also has not had the same level of adversity that Warner has had. He has been pampered and carried on the same team his whole career.

This to me feels like a ridiculous statement, and I'm pretty surprised that an Eagles fan could possibly think this. McNabb has been pampered? He has not faced adversity? He has been carried by his team? Give me a break. McNabb year in and year out has as much adversity as just about any player in the entire NFL. What other player gets crap from the media year in and year out every single year and continues to produce? Who more than him?

As for being carried by his team... McNabb has played his whole career with one great but oft-injured RB along with a slew of sucktastic craptard receivers. Not one of them worth even mentioning other than a year of TO in there, where not coincidentally, the Eagles finally made the Super Bowl.

Who has Warner played with? Well in St Louis, he had a 1st ballot HOF running back along with two HOF lock receivers and a HOF lock left tackle protecting his blind side. Not bad. In Arizona, he has another HOF running back (and you're kidding yourself if you think they're in the conference champoinship without him) along with what looks like 1 surefire HOF receiver and another possible one in Fitz and Q. Other than the short New York stint, Warner has consistently played on offenses that are wide open and ask him to throw throw throw all game and let his playmakers make plays.

So, remind me again, which of these guys is getting carried by their team or pampered to greatness?

:xpopcorn:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
warner's biggest playoff games
'00 conf champ - 26/43 for 258 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
'00 super bowl - 24/45 for 414 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
'02 conf champ - 22/33 for 212 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
'02 super bowl - 28/44 for 365 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

so in the five biggest games of his career, warner has 5 TDs and 5 picks. he only has one good game in the bunch with 400 yards and 2 picks in the super bowl. and even then he had a terrible completion percentage and came a yard away from probably losing the super bowl and the mvp trophy along with it. one game was mediocre, two were downright bad.

mcnabb's biggest payoff games
'02 conf champ - 18/30 for 171 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 26 yards rushing, 1 TD
'03 conf champ - 26/49 for 243 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
'04 conf champ - 10/22 for 100 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT
'05 conf champ - 17/26 for 180 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
'05 super bowl - 30/51 for 357 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT

not special obviousy. only one good game in the bunch, one absolute stink bomb, and three other average performances. 8 TD, 8 INT in the five games. not goign to try to defend these numbers. but theyre hardly much better or worse than warner in the same big games.
Fine, one difference though...Warner has won one....has McNabb?

Phicinfan

Administrator
This to me feels like a ridiculous statement, and I'm pretty surprised that an Eagles fan could possibly think this. McNabb has been pampered? He has not faced adversity? He has been carried by his team? Give me a break. McNabb year in and year out has as much adversity as just about any player in the entire NFL. What other player gets crap from the media year in and year out every single year and continues to produce? Who more than him?

As for being carried by his team... McNabb has played his whole career with one great but oft-injured RB along with a slew of sucktastic craptard receivers. Not one of them worth even mentioning other than a year of TO in there, where not coincidentally, the Eagles finally made the Super Bowl.

Who has Warner played with? Well in St Louis, he had a 1st ballot HOF running back along with two HOF lock receivers and a HOF lock left tackle protecting his blind side. Not bad. In Arizona, he has another HOF running back (and you're kidding yourself if you think they're in the conference champoinship without him) along with what looks like 1 surefire HOF receiver and another possible one in Fitz and Q. Other than the short New York stint, Warner has consistently played on offenses that are wide open and ask him to throw throw throw all game and let his playmakers make plays.

So, remind me again, which of these guys is getting carried by their team or pampered to greatness?

:xpopcorn:
Oh Good friggen god. Lets all cry for McNabb cause he played in Philly.....boo friggen hoo. Puh lease. What a lame friggen argument.

Yes, Warner in St. Louis had incredible tools. I won't argue that. He won with those tools.

McNabb in his superbowl year also had incredible tools of Westbrook and T.O. Did he win?????

Warner in NYG had not so great...Tiki on tail end of career. In Arizona, he has without a doubt one of the best Wr core there is....but rb is questionable.

You are making the assumption that the TEAM made Warner. McNabb made the Eagles. I am a huge Eagles fan. That is a bad assumption by you for Philly.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i am not making either of those assumptions. i think warner has done an amazing job, but i think he certainly has benefited from the systems he has played in (for numbers) and the great HOF players he's played with. and i think mcnabb has been an integral part of the eagles being probably the most consistent winning nfc franchise this decade but not the only reason (see: jim johnson + defense).

mcnabb with westy and TO came up 3 points short in the biggest game of his life. warner lost once in the biggest game of his life as favorites to a massive underdog, and then he later won the next biggest game of his life by about 3 inches. yes, a win is a win, but im not sure im willing to let that difference separate two guys.

anyhow. fun discussion lol.

Hollywoodnash

TO THE DEATH
Let's see. Kurt Warner has now led the lowly Cardinals to a Super Bowl while golden boy and the savior of that franchise Matt Leinert sits on the bench watching. He has now led 2 of the 3 teams he's played for to the Super Bowl, how many QB's can say that. And as far as his loss goes, it was to the ever dominant Patriots at the beginning of their run. You cannot penalize a QB because of his system or the players around him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Let's see. Kurt Warner has now led the lowly Cardinals to a Super Bowl while golden boy and the savior of that franchise Matt Leinert sits on the bench watching. He has now led 2 of the 3 teams he's played for to the Super Bowl, how many QB's can say that. And as far as his loss goes, it was to the ever dominant Patriots at the beginning of their run. You cannot penalize a QB because of his system or the players around him.
To answer your question only one. Morton. He was starting Qb for Dallas and Denver in two different superbowls. Warner is only the second Qb to do this.