Is Roger Goodell gonna fine anybody for the knee-hit on Ben!!?!?!!? If not he's ****

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Re: Is Roger Goodell gonna fine anybody for the knee-hit on Ben!!?!?!!? If not he's

hey how'd ya like that knee-hit on Carson Palmer Sunday? Kinda reminded me of one a few years against him by the Steelers.

NFL Videos: WK 7: Carson Palmer highlights

At 14 seconds on the video counter look at the hit I believe was the "knee" hit. Keep your eye on Palmer after he throws. Enjoy it all you Oakland fans.

#1bears fan

Re: Is Roger Goodell gonna fine anybody for the knee-hit on Ben!!?!?!!? If not he's

Im all for the helmet to helmet hits being a fine as long as they are deliberate. But they are getting ridiculous with these QB penalties pretty soon they'll be wearing red jerseys or flag football. Its a full contact sport your paid well for it quit whining!!

RLLD

I thought only Tomisina Brady got calls when her wittul weggy got touched....

deuce4321

Driller

I am reading this thread a month late but heres my .02. Defenders get paid to stop the offense. They get rewarded for causing fumbles, sacks and incompletions. When we talk about a 'dynamic' defender we are speaking of one who is physical and part of his job is to make the wr/te/qb think twice before he catches or sits in the pocket and throws the football. Defenders are just trying to make a living.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!

It doesn't seem like a right to make a living ending other player's careers. Maybe it's just me but they could stop the play without eliminating the ability of a QB to use that leg again. How did the QB get to the position of becoming a pro QB if the hits along the way were not absorbed/managed by them on the field? No, I'll argue they CAN take a hit.

Carson Palmer is a great example. Years ago by the Steelers and now; did you see the hit? It was below the knee. After the ball was gone. Watch the video again, the ball was way gone. Just like when the Steelers put him out of commission some thought for life. (His career)

I keep thinking this is a sport but it's only a business. In business a company tries to put another company out of business. Almost by any means possible. Of course there are laws. Laws aren't enforced very well so this holds true to the business of NFL. I stand corrected.
I never played football but I wrestled. Maybe this is where all this "sportsmanship" crap comes in.

If you have ever been hit like that you may know it can immediately require surgery. The ball was gone so what exactly were they trying to accomplish by continuing at Carson's knees? Watch Ben Roethlisberger and tell me he needs to wear a tutu. He's the toughest guy on the planet.

No, I don't buy the "sissy" argument. YOu can be tough but your knees wont be. It's physiology. I could teach these players a few real martial arts pressure points to really put players out of the game.

These "girls" get right back up and try to play so I don't get that argument. I now get it though. I'm the only one left (figuratively) who still believed in "fair play" in sports. Is football a sport? Gladiators know going in they are going to get killed. I'm a sissy because I didn't know the NFL was a "fight to the death". I mean "fight to the lame".

The league and now fans don't seem to care. But when you are a fan who doesn't have a QB, then get one, you want to see basic protocol followed. Barbaric, "hit below the knee" terminology is taught as wrong in any walk of sporting life but I guess it's what everyone wants.

In hockey which I don't really follow I understand Sidney Crosby was blindsided at the Winter Classic and again in a regulation-season game and barely still has a career (or a brain they say) from the intentional, ILLEGAL hits. I am sorry to see it being unchallenged in football is all. I will continue to post videos as they happen to your favorite teams but I now know I am the only one who really cares about the person on the field.

There is a rule in sales which states:
If you play it straight in an unstraight world you're gonna get killed!

I just got educated and thank you for your assistance because I really struggled with this. I won't keep getting so upset watching the knee-hit. I was trying to "play it straight" in a world which isn't.

Signed,
Out of touch and Antiquated hoping to see a sport and only get to watch a cutthroat business. Almost like going to work. Sorta takes the fun out of it for me.

Last edited by a moderator: