How is your FF league preparing for a possible lockout?

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
Well, other than possible cancellation, anyone got any thoughts?

Our league will still be able to conduct a draft, even if the NFL does not hold one. It is given to the fact that we have more than just NCAA players to select from. We also will have some current NFL players to pick from to make it worth doing. Some of you already know about our draft system, but those of you that don't...I'll fill you in.

Each year, when we do our draft, any player not selected, cannot be signed as a free agent during the season. Instead, that player will be available next season, making the talent for the draft next year that much more impressive and worth having a first round pick. Just drafting players coming out of the NCAA isn't that great of an impact because they may not start, they may not play or they may not even make the team. By having guys we know have played in the NFL for the draft next season, it will boost your team immediately the following season if you get the first overall pick, or even the top five.

For example this 2011 draft, players like Peyton Hillis and Arian Foster will be huge draft players because no one in our league has them. Whoever comes in last and second last will get a chance to draft these guys and improve their team right away.

As for the season being cancelled, that would totally suck ass!!!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I am going to play the wait and see approach with my leagues. I will proceed as far as I can with the offseason for each league until the lockout makes it impossible. At that time, we will need to wait it out and see what happens. The biggest concern I have in my dynasty leagues is what do we do if the NFL does not hold a rookie draft?

The best thing for all will be flexibility I think. Sharing ideas and solutions here will help everyone deal with the unique situations their leagues present.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I am going to play the wait and see approach with my leagues. I will proceed as far as I can with the offseason for each league until the lockout makes it impossible. At that time, we will need to wait it out and see what happens. The biggest concern I have in my dynasty leagues is what do we do if the NFL does not hold a rookie draft?

The best thing for all will be flexibility I think. Sharing ideas and solutions here will help everyone deal with the unique situations their leagues present.

Same here Miller

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Uh, I thought the draft was a given this year. It was locked in.

Now next year, especially after not playing........

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
Man this lockout is killing the enthusiasm in my league.
Pretty much no one really cares about our draft, has not been paying attention and are starting to lose interest.

Right about this time, we're planning a draft party to hang out, sit at someone's house and lay bets on the draft picks!!!
Damn lockout!!!

Hey, if you guys wanna have some fun, this is what we do during the NFL Draft:
What we do is when the team's clock starts to make their pick, we all get a list of our choices for their selection by position.
Example: player 1, chooses a QB, player 2 choose a RB, player 3 chooses a WR (there's more of us, but this is just an example).
We all throw in a quarter. When they announce it, the one who got it, gets that pot.
If there is no winner, it stays for the next pick.
Players can select the same position, example player 1 and 2 can both say QB.
If they win, they split that pot they won.

Sometime we have 10 guys show up, so each pot is worth $2.50. Not bad for some laughs. You win a few you made some good coin.

We started this back when Matt Millen was the GM of the Lions.
He never picked what he was supposed to so we started laughing and everytime they came up to announce, we bet he would screw it up!!! LMFAO!
Then we just did it for every team.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
One of my money leagues has already set up with "League Safe" and i will have to pony up the cash even tho the lock out is still in effect which makes me a little mad, the commish could have waited IMO to see what will happen.

The other leagues are waiting patiently

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
One of my money leagues has already set up with "League Safe" and i will have to pony up the cash even tho the lock out is still in effect which makes me a little mad, the commish could have waited IMO to see what will happen.

The other leagues are waiting patiently

LMAO! That's the most f'd up thing I have ever heard? Why would you have to pay if there is no season?
That's crap!

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I'm waiting patiently to pay for the league. The only thing that sucks is that MFL costs $70 until June, then it goes up. If I pay for the league that I commission and there is no season, MFL doesn't refund the money, they keep it and apply it to next year. So if I wait to pay for it after June, the cost goes up. And I really don't want the cost going up for the league members. So it's a tough decision for the commissioner.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I went ahead and paid for the league. I have no doubts that we will have football of some kind this year.

As for leagues, the dynasty league I am running we are full bore. We have RFA done, and will have our draft a week from the end of the NFL draft, and then we go to UFA.

The only hold up we have is we use contract years. So deadline for when contract years are due is one week before season starts. So we will have to wait and see on that.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
Oh, that explains it. You're using a service.
Okay then there's nothing you can do about it.

I do all of mine on my own.
You been to my site?

Link is on my sig.