Houston, Oklahoma State has a problem: Cougars pull the upset

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The Oklahoma State Cowboys finally won the big one. Stillwater was buzzing all week about the "biggest" win in school history and a #5 national ranking. The Cowboys were ready to kick the door in on the BCS.

Someone forgot to tell Houston to be impressed.

Casey Keenum torched the Cowboys for 366 yards and 3 TDs, rushing for another and only giving up one turnover as the Houston Cougars nailed the biggest win in recent program history 45-35 over #5 Oklahoma State in Stillwater.

Bryce Beall ran for 78 yards and a TD and caught 5 passes for 60 yards with a TD, the score being the biggest in his career. Down 35-31, Keenum bought time close to the OSU goalline late in the game and threw into the endzone toward WR James Cleveland. OSU LB Donald Booker leaped to attempt what could have been a game clenching interception and ended up tipping the pass into the hands of Beall in the back of the endzone to give Houston a 38-35 lead.

On the ensuing Oklahoma State possession Houston DB Jamal Robinson intercepted OSU QB Zac Robinson, returning the pick 26 yards for the game winning TD. Houston's defense then held on for the victory.

Said Houston coach Kevin Sumlin after the game:
"For us as a program, this is a big win because it legitimizes our university. It legitimizes our program. There's no doubt that one win does not make a season. We've got a whole bunch of football to go. But I think any time that you can go on the road and win and beat a Top 10 team, it really helps your confidence as a program and it helps your pride as a university."
Sumlin knows a thing or two about beating Oklahoma State, having gone 5-0 against the Cowboys as an assistant at Oklahoma.

For the Cougars anything is possible now, though the Cougars have two weeks to prepare for a game in Lubbock vs Texas Tech which could end up 100-99. Oklahoma State will try to get back on track next week against Rice.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
It seemed like I was the only person I knew that didn't jump on this bandwagon.....only person I knew still not putting them in the top 10.....guess more will be joining me.