Honey Badger in 2013 NFL Draft...

Runnik's Hambones

I'm not crazy to really want this guy for Tampa, am I? I get the off the field issues, and coach Schiano throwing out this "Buccaneer way" stuff, but Tyrann Mathieu was the most electrifying player in 2011 (76 tackles, 11 picks, 6 ff, 2 d TDs, 2 punt return TDs). Besides the off the field issues he's only 5-9, 176lbs, which is also a huge knock on the guy. But he's such a good football player and just all around playmaker.

So am I out of my mind to really want the Bucs to draft him? I think that the Honey Badger could be the steal of the draft! With all of those downsides to think about he could potentially be an early 4th rounder (which is where I would want them to draft him, keep in mind if it's before the 4th round I do think it's a reach).

Let's look at Janoris Jenkins: kicked off of FL program, plays a final year in D2, would have been a top 15 pick, falls an entire round. He's been great.
How about Mike Williams: stud WR that quit the team in Syracuse, falls basically 2 1/2 rounds to the top of the 4th. Steal of the draft.

If you draft this guy in the 4th you get HUGE upside, at almost no cost. If he sucks, cut him; if he steps out of line, let him go, no sweat.

He's, imo, the most intriguing player in the 2013 draft. Can't wait to see what he does on the next lvl, I just hope it's in a Bucs uniform.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
After what they have gone through with Talib? I don't see Tampa doing this.

Runnik's Hambones

So the Talib thing was legitimate, but that also had a lot to do with money. We owed him a lot this year and he would have left at the end of the season anyway as a FA. A good deal of that decision was to hasten the inevitable and not have to pay for it.