Here's a mock. Cut it up Outlaws

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Mock Draft

As a Seahawks Homer Gawd I hope NOT
Really? If i did a mock right now, that is who I would put in that spot. Seattle needs a star that the defense has to plan against...a true difference maker. They do not have one on their roster at the moment and I don't see how Crabtree does not become a difference maker at the next level.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
As much as it pains me to say, the Bengals ruined their OLine that was the strngth of their 05' turn around. Despite the high amount of money wrapped up here, they still have a ton of work to do. Oher or Monroe will be a great upgrade here. Do the lack of a true DL difference maker in the draft, I think this is a good route to go.

Here's some thoughts on where they have the buckeye big three going:
Green Bay Packers: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
If they can get him at 9 they will instantly boost what used to be a very good secondary that is in desperate need of youth. I think Malcom has a shot to be in the top 5 discussion and is one of the best defensive players available in the draft.

New Orleans Saints: James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio State
Could go higher...also could fall a bit lower, not really sure here. You will get production with JL, he's a non stop player that just makes plays. Size concerns me some, but in the end I think he'll be a solid pro for many years, but I'm not sure if your looking at the next all pro. NO is a nice fit as they need a solid LB.

Arizona Cardinals: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
Old mock, so obviously Zona won't be at 21, but that is a scary thought to have him with that offense. Wells will be a stud at the next level.....when he's on the field. Unfortunatly he won't stay on the field all the time. He's very injury prone and this will haunt him in the NFL. That said, he'll likely test very well at the combine and will likely be a top 15 pick. Packers could be a possibility at 9 as could Denver at 12. Browns & Bengals (please no....) are also dark horses at 4 & 5.

Arctic Dawgs

Really? If i did a mock right now, that is who I would put in that spot. Seattle needs a star that the defense has to plan against...a true difference maker. They do not have one on their roster at the moment and I don't see how Crabtree does not become a difference maker at the next level.

And would I Miller, but

for a WR to be effective, doesn't he need a QB to get the ball to him ??

I guess Hasslebeck fills that role but last time I checked he does way better throwing the ball from his feet than from his "beck". For that he needs an Oline and the threat of a running game.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
And would I Miller, but

for a WR to be effective, doesn't he need a QB to get the ball to him ??

I guess Hasslebeck fills that role but last time I checked he does way better throwing the ball from his feet than from his "back". For that he needs an Oline and the threat of a running game.

Don't disagree with this, but this offense was looking to be on track until this year when the WR's were decimated! There are three very good tackles available so that could be a route to go, but I think Crabtree would be a better route than RB. They could bring someone like Ward in at RB and draft crabtree. Pick up some lineman in the 2nd and 4rd round and I think you have a good start at turning it around.

Arctic Dawgs

I am presently working on my Seahawks Offseason post. Please note that I said "Gawd I hope NOT"

However everything I'm seeing seems to point this way

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
G Duke Robinson #1 for the Birds? I guess it's conceivable if they're sliding Herremans to one of the tackle spots and don't re-sign both Thomas and Runyan.

They certainly have the O-line targeted as the #1 priority next year for Philly, which I agree with. It'll be a lot of premature guess-work until we see what happens with the veteran tackles though.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles trade one of their #1s for TE Kellen Winslow. It just makes too much sense for both teams.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
arizona will still be picking at #21 unless they win this weekend, which they wont.
Learn something new everyday, I thought it went on round of exit....any idea where I can find the rules on how the order is set?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
im not 100% sure, but i think the rules are pretty simple. draft order goes by record obviously, and then one team at that record made the playoffs and another didnt, the non-playoff team always goes first.

beyond that, im not positive on the tiebreakers. head to head is in there at the top, and then i think its winning percentage of opponents (higher win % = lower pick).

the key though is that the only teams that actually MOVE are the super bowl winner and loser. they drop to 32 and 31. wherever anyone else loses in the playoffs is irrelevant. those two SB teams drop to the last two spots, and everyone else just moves up.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
G Duke Robinson #1 for the Birds? I guess it's conceivable if they're sliding Herremans to one of the tackle spots and don't re-sign both Thomas and Runyan.

They certainly have the O-line targeted as the #1 priority next year for Philly, which I agree with. It'll be a lot of premature guess-work until we see what happens with the veteran tackles though.
OL is the need for Philly. I just don't think they keep both at OT. Justice was a lost cause. So at least one OT if not two with both first round picks would not surprise me at all.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles trade one of their #1s for TE Kellen Winslow. It just makes too much sense for both teams.
Supposedly they tried to do this before the trade deadline. Him and Gonzo...but at least Winslow is younger...but more injury scary.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
aha, i stand corrected. didnt realize this, but apparently if there is a tie among playoff teams, those that played deeper into the playoffs pick lower there as well.
1. The winners of the Super Bowl are given the last selection, and the losers the second to last selection.[2]
2. Remaining teams are sorted by regular season record, with worse records picking first, regardless of playoff status; teams that make the playoffs can pick before teams that do not.
3. For teams with the same record, teams that fail to make the playoffs always pick before teams that earned playoff berths.
4. For teams that make the playoffs, ties are broken by the order in which teams lost in the playoffs.
5. Remaining ties are broken by strength of schedule. For draft order, a lower strength of schedule results in an earlier pick. If strength of schedule does not resolve a tie, division and/or conference tiebreakers may be used. If the tie still cannot be broken, a coin toss at the NFL Combine is used to determine draft order. (Note: Strength of schedule is the combined records of a team's 16 opponents, including games played against the team in question, and counting divisional opponents twice. Because of this, each team's opponents' combined wins and losses—counting a tie as a half-win, half-loss—will add up to 256, so a team whose opponents had more combined wins has a better strength of schedule.)

NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

turns out that that only affects one minor swap. indy moves up one spot to be the first 12-4 team to pick since they lost in the first round instead of getting a bye and losing like carolina and new york. the other two that would be presumably affected are pitt and balt for advancing so far, but each of them was already picking lowest among teams at their record level.

16. San Diego
17. NY Jets
18. Chicago
19. Tampa Bay
20. Detroit (from Dallas)
21. Arizona
22. Minnesota
23. New England
24. Atlanta
25. Miami
26. Baltimore
27. Indianapolis