Here's A Fun One: WSIS

cctekguy

Staff member
12 team, ppr.

Flex start: Matt Asiata vs NE @ Home or McFadden (MJD out) vs Hou @ Home

Also have Doug Martin and Frank Gore @ RB and not opposed to benching either of them if you think both of the above should start.

Thanks in advance!

gizzil

If you take gore out, you are insane... you can pencil in SF for 200 yards on the ground right now. I guess I lean Asiata tonight, just because we know the houston defense is stout. I dont have a ton of info or eye test on New England at all yet, though... nor do i know exactly how Asiata or McF will be used... Do you have any receivers to flex?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Tough one Tekie. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd start McFadden. He's playing for a shot at reclaiming the #1 RB status and Houston will not score enough to take the Raiders out of their running game plus the Raiders have a better O line than many realize.

cctekguy

Staff member
<sigh> I was trying to avoid the embarrassment but since you INSIST:

I have Kenny Britt and Kenbrell Thompkins on the bench

Yes, PPR

cctekguy

Staff member
Martin and Faddy both play late so I reckon I'll roll with Asiata in the early games and wait last minute to see if there is any more news on Martin.

Martin has me nervous with his bum knee and capable Rainey behind him.

cctekguy

Staff member
There is a part of me that desperately wants to start McFadden. I've had him for 3 or 4 years and have little to show for it. But do I want to suffer that disappointment again?

It's kinds like wanting to have sex with your ex. Yeah, it sounds tempting but do you really want to wake that sleeping dog?

gizzil

They robbed Gore of a 54 yard TD, that would have put him at 117 yds 2 td... pretty nice. And though the 9ers only ran for 129 yards (inexplicably... sure they were getting open early but... Kap averages 7.3 yds/carry, Gore averaged 4.84, and again missed a 54 yarder on what maybe was holding but... looked more like a bunch of benny hill grabs... if they count the play gore averages 8.35) the run was somewhat discarded uncharacteristically by the 9ers. Like I stated in the other post, they have a tendency to run a scripted offense that while working resembles something out of a fine composer or choreographer perhaps since it is moving bodies. When they are put on tilt sometimes they get flustered all around and panic. Seems like that happened here almost exactly as I had hoped and is somewhat a blueprint on disrupting the 9ers offense. Regardless, you got decent production out of Gore I would say at 15 points. Even if he is third on the day, I would defend starting him today all the way. McFudden woulda got you 14, nice call there still, a TD saved him late, Rainey with 25, pretty huge even with McCown vulturing ALL rushing TD (really Lovie, REALLY???) and Asiata with 18... So looks like shunning your pal Mac worked out!!