Help rate my draft please

infamous

So im in a 10 man league this year and I had first overall pick

All TD's are 6 pts, PPR, 3 bonus points for 100 yds rushing/receiving and 300 yds passing

Starters QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF

QB: Cutler, Roethlisberger
RB: Chris Johnson, Grant, Ronnie Brown, Hardesty, Arian Foster
WR: Austin, Jennings, Crabtree, Ward, Owens, Evans
TE: Witten
DEF: Steelers

I didnt end up taking a kicker yet because I figured i'll just scoop one up later, there are still good ones available.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Your Qb situation may be your undoing if Cutler doesnt perform the first month. Shaky Rb depth. Youll also have to drop two players to cover the kicker and a backup TE for Witten. You are pretty solid at WR, but your likely going to need near perfection the first month after you make your cuts to start 3-1.
Posted via Mobile Device

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I've never understood the point of not drafting a certain position, why draft a player knowing that you're going to have to drop them right away? And who will you drop?
Right now it looks like Evans, but then, as Sarge stated, you'll need to drop someone else for Witten's backup.
What if Cutler gets hurt within the first few weeks? Then you're without a QB and going to have to drop yet another guy.

Your team seems mediocre, at best. In a ten man league you should have been able to walk away with a much better team, IMO.

bobbeaux

i dunno . . . he took flyers on rb and wr instead of backing up other positions . . . i agree he probably could have done better, but the waiver wire is there for bye week fill-ins . . . cutler is key though unless there is a henne or somebody available on the wire as well . . . ;)

infamous

henne is available, also gresham is too as far as a backup TE, but Evans was eventually my plan to be my drop. I was going to plug players in on waiver wire weeks to cover witten. Since there are still a few weeks left in preseason I wanted to grab extra WR and RB to cover any injuries that may occur, I just gambled on cutler since he is with Martz now and everyone took a run on QB's early. You dont think hardesty will be a good pickup. I took foster in the 13th round so the value was there.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The "value" is there on Foster so long as Houston doesnt go Shannahan on you with the RBs each week.

I would definately drop Evans and grab Henne immediately as insurance. If it all works out right you can move Henne upon return of Roethisberger to someone in need for a player you want.

JackG1980

Your team is pretty good. B+ I really dont know what the other guys are thinking but looking at your starter, the players that will play 90% of the time, your team is solid.
RBs - CJ, Grant (2 top 8 RBs)
WRs - Miles, Genning, Crabtree (All top 15)
TE - Witten (number 1!)

Also good RB backups, with Ronnie leading the way. If he does good at the start of the season, trade him! You got great value in Foster even if houston does go all (Shananan) your primary back up is Brown.
WRs backups are great. TO could make a small splash this year and could end up taking Crabtree spot for a few games.
Good plan on not taking a K yet... I never draft a Kicker and pick one up on the last day. somtimes I even trade my bottom 2 or 3 guys for one decent guy before the season even starts. Your team is not bad but needs QB depth early if Cutler doesnt pan out. But you could still wait a couple weeks for that. Good draft, trust me I won 6 championships and one runner up in my 8 leagues!

infamous

Well i admit that QB is a gamble and if i can make it to roethlisberger coming back from suspension i would be ok, but I think my team is much better than mediocre. Im thinking TO does better this year than with the bills which could put him into WR3 territory but if he blows up then i have trade bait in him or crabtree so I think there is underlying potential

infamous

manning, schaub, rodgers, and brady were all gone by the second round... Based on my roster in PPR would you have given up either jennings or austin to take a better QB than cutler? Rivers went in the 5th so crabtree would have been my most likely person to give up.

JackG1980

manning, schaub, rodgers, and brady were all gone by the second round... Based on my roster in PPR would you have given up either jennings or austin to take a better QB than cutler? Rivers went in the 5th so crabtree would have been my most likely person to give up.

I would of given up Crabtree for Rivers.. Also Palmer, Flacco, Ryan and Kolb are all safer choices then Cutler and Big Ben. Stafford is also a great QB sleeper.