Mark Ingram
Colt McCoy
Ndamukong Suh
Timothy Tebow

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I am very glad that Suh gets the trip to New York! He likely deserves it.

Tebow's performance this year does not warrant his invite IMO, but you knew he would go.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Heisman Finalists

Ndamukong Suh, DT, University of Nebraska
Mark Ingram, RB, University of Alabama
Colt McCoy, QB, University of Texas
Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford University
Timothy Tebow, QB, University of Florida

bodey24

Staff member
My list would be:

Mark Ingram
Toby Gerhart
Ndamukong Suh
Colt McCoy
Toby Gerhart
Timothy Tebow

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Really torn on this as I don't think anyone stands out as an easy pick, just went back through the game logs on each player and here is my thoughts on my top 5.

#5: CJ Spiller - and no, I'm not hating on the Gators or on Tebow, but this is not a career achievement award and Spiller had a better year this year IMO. Scored in every game, and scored about every way possible this year. He deserved to be in New York.

#4: Colt McCoy - This is the guy I really wanted to win it, but his performance in the big games just does not seem to do it for me this year. Agsin, if this is a career achievement award, I'd give it to him, but he had his shot to win it Saturday night and he did not do enough for me.

#3: Clint Ingram - If this was the best player on the #1 team, Ingram would get it. Great player, great season, and against a tough schedule.....BUT, hard to compare his numbers to another RB finalist and not scratch your head.

#2: Ndamukong Suh - If I was basing this on the one game I saw of him, he'd get it hands down. Guy is a BEAST and deserves to be there. But in looking at the numbers, while they bare there, his 4 sack game was his only multiple sack game of the year. The bad thing for him is his presence is not just about stats, but just can't pull the trigger on him.

2009 Heisman Trophy should go to:
Toby Gerhart - I'll be honest, I'm shocked I just wrote that. Not who I thought i would be writing down when I started this reply. But look at his numbers!!! The Pac-10 was a good confrence this year and he ran through the entire confrence! His "bad" games were 82 & 96 yds! He scored 26 TD's!! He had 9 multimple TD games & 5 games of 3 or more TD's (4 straight to end the year)! He also eclipsed the 200 yd mark 3 times. This award goes to the most outstanding player in college football and you will be hard pressed to find someone who was more outstanding than Stanford's Toby Gerhart!

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
It'd be cool to see Gerhart win it. He's from just up the 15 FWY and his dad was my golf coach in high school.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hard call. Stanford doesnt have Alabamas defense hence the losses. but neither team wins without them.

For me it came down to what would happen if they went down. Alabama could move on from it. Stanford couldnt.

Mike

Administrator
Ndamukong Suh

The fact this kid plays for Nebraska, and plays defense is likely his downfall in this award. Heisman voters have trouble recognizing the fact that there are more positions on the field besides quarterback and running back.

More proof? Mark Ingram. Just watch what the next running back starting for Alabama does. Likely will perform just as well if not better. And what's more? Ingram isn't even the best player on his team. The best player on the team wasn't even in the running: Player Bio: Rolando McClain - ALABAMA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

Khubbard71

#1 Colt McCoy, QB, University of Texas
#2 Ndamukong Suh, DT, University of Nebraska
#3 Mark Ingram, RB, University of Alabama
#4 Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford University
#5 Timothy Tebow, QB, University of Florida

It is not what did the player did personally, but how he impacted his team over the course of the season. Colt showed true leadership, Suh showed defensive leadership, so this is a toss up for me.

Ingram and Gerhart both did a tremendous job, but they won't win.

Tebow got his invite just because he played for a big name school and had a couple of great games.

A couple of great games doen't make a season. Colt and Suh both showed the ability to make plays both on offense and defense.

Whoever does win I wish them the best.

Mike

Administrator
About what I expected. The guy who isn't even the best player on his team wins the award. This has become the most worthless award in College football.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
1. Thank you for accentuating my laziness.
2. That is one thats hard to really argue with. Ill post a piece from my game thread and see if anyone can argue a con to your pro