Gruden was shocked at his dismissal and vows to be back

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
In his first public comments since being fired as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Jan. 16, Jon Gruden said Wednesday he was rebounding from his shocking dismissal and was in good enough spirits to say "that Chucky will be back and hopefully my teeth will be as sharp as ever."

Gruden said he had no doubt he would coach again whether "it's the NFL, college, high school or, maybe, I'll just be the best damn flag football coach in the history of Florida. I'm now head of the FFCA -- Fired Florida Coaches Association."

Full Story

I look for Gruden to be a hot candidate for any opening next season.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
i still can't believe they fired him... but he'll do well somewhere else, i'm sure (maybe philly someday? :hmmm:)

Runnik's Hambones

Eh... Gruden is a good coach, and no one can take that away from him. But it wasn't his coaching that got him fired. It was the fact that he's an asshole. No one liked him. In fact, he went through like 3 radio hosts alone because none of them could get along with him. An offensive genius, yes. Look at what he did with the Bucs. Can anyone safely say that we've ever had super stars on our offense? No, you can't because we never have. But with a mediocre offense he was able to pull off wins that not many coaches would have been able to do. He has more wins than any Buc coach ever. Maybe if he didn't mistreat people, or just respected them more, he'd still have his job.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Meh. A lot of people have to work for or deal with assholes, and they aren't paid millions for the privilege. When I read about Rice griping about being cut after tearing his shoulder from the bone... well what do you expect to happen?! Rice wasn't able to come back in Denver (as well as Indy?) after he was cut so apparently it was the right move. And Garcia should just be happy anyone considered him starting material at his age and after Detroit and Cleveland. Fock him.

Viva Gruden! I look forward to his return.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I agree, Gruden will be back......if he wants back. I can think of a few jobs that will probably be open next year. Oakland being one of them, SD as the other.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
This Jones may take a run at him next year if Philips under performs again next year?