Greg Olson traded to Carolina

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Reported on Sportscenter that Olsen has been traded to the Panthers...more details to come.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well that just torpedoes my 16th round back up TE I just drafted.....

I tell you what, I am becoming a Carolina closet fan. They re-sign DeWill, get S.Smith to WANT to stay, go out and get TE help like Shockey and now Olsen....and they have the young wrs from last year.

If they can keep the Oline healthy....and Cam is even part of what they think..this could be a very fun team to watch.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Carolina then becomes the way of the Ravens under Dilfer and what I think the Vikings will try to be under McNabb. Dont screw up on offense, run run and complete about 20 passes a game, and let the defense do the work.

cctekguy

Staff member
Agree completely, Sarge.

Olsen will block a lot more than he catches. Shockey is just there for tattoo value.

Cam will be put in a position to succeed, which means limited passing.

Good news is, limited passing usually means dump -offs to TEs and RBs.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Agree completely, Sarge.

Olsen will block a lot more than he catches. Shockey is just there for tattoo value.

More value for DWill

Remote Controller

Like I said yesterday. You only have this oppurtunity once as a first year Coach! Make the best of it. The Panthers are definitly stirring up thier fan base!

cctekguy

Staff member
Sadly, 2 games vs the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs will turn this pre-season stirring to mid-season grrr-ing.

Carolina sucks no matter HOW you stir the pot.

cctekguy

Staff member
Many teams in this division have sucked, then sucked.

Guess we wait and see, but if it was getting into your pocket how would you pick the NFC south to finish?

...that's right, Carolina 4th!

Go ahead...pick em.

If you pick ANY team in the South to finish behind Carolina, I'll eat your sombrero.

ExperiencedRookie

At least Carolina is trying though, and trying very hard! Even if they finish in the basement of the division, it won't be for lack of effort or because they're tanking to up their draft stock next year.

Fans appreciate that

mills

There seems to be two camps forming for Carolina. The people who are optimistic and think they are making strides and the people who are really against what they are doing and really want to see them fail... not really sure what has caused this but as a Panther fan, I am really excited to see what they are doing with their team.

In past preseasons, they are the team that sits there and lets their players go and they never make any sort of ripple in the FA market. This year, they are giving it the ol' college try and have brought in help to make sure Newton has some chance to succeed.

I'm looking forward to the season, we have a different attitude this off-season and I'm excited to see that translate onto the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Agree completely, Sarge.

I don't think so. They signed another Te whose name escapes me to be the blocking Te. The OC has already said the move for Olsen was for tools for Cam. I do think this will help DeWill and Rbbc though