Goodell's Discipline Policies may be under attack soon

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Attorney wants review of NFL discipline policy - ESPN

ports attorney David Cornwell is challenging the NFL's right to discipline players by proposing to appoint an independent arbitrator to review -- and have the power to change -- rulings made by the commissioner.Cornwell, one of four finalists in the running to replace the late Gene Upshaw as the NFL Players Association's executive director, described the league's current disciplinary policy as being "draconian" and requiring independent oversight.
"The notion that public relations drives or justifies draconian and unfair disciplinary actions is simply misplaced and we will no longer accept it," Cornwell told The Associated Press. "We have the legal right to negotiate these policies ... and we are going to exercise that right to get independent review of the commissioner's decisions."

Here ya go Mike, this is the fight you've been looking for the Union to make, if Cornwell gets the job looks like he's ready to take on the fight.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Roger Goodell Tightens Code Of Conduct After NFL Players Break His Priceless Vase

JAMESTOWN, NY - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced in a press conference yesterday that the NFL Code of Conduct would be tightened further after several NFL players blatantly disobeyed the league's long-standing policy of not playing ball in Goodell's house and broke his priceless flower-print Chinese porcelain vase—a family heirloom that had been passed down from generation to generation of Goodells and which Goodell counted among his most prized possessions.

Roger Goodell Tightens Code Of Conduct After NFL Players Break His Priceless Vase | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Goodell reminds me of a guy who just got promoted to Sergeant and has to flex that muscle and use those stripes. I think the union could easily win this one.

Mike

Administrator
Goodell reminds me of a guy who just got promoted to Sergeant and has to flex that muscle and use those stripes. I think the union could easily win this one.

He reminds me of a hall monitor in school. He had to be picked on alot as a kid.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think either analogy fits Mike. This guy REALLY needs to learn that sometimes less is more.