Getting cute wit it

ExperiencedRookie

Full PPR. Brian Quick vs Dallas or Steve Smith @ CLE??

My gut tells me to get cute wit it and play Quick. He's been getting targets and catches...and clearly has the better matchup.

Steve is a long proven commodity in the league who is off to a real nice start. Stuck with Joe Haden on him this weekend though. Saw how that worked out for the NO WRs this past week. Graham was the only one pulling down passes.

So what do you do? Go with the guy who is proven and that you drafted, or slide in the waiver wire player and get cute wit it?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
haden will get t.Smith, not S.Smith. I would go with S.Smith

ExperiencedRookie

haden will get t.Smith, not S.Smith. I would go with S.Smith
What makes you think that?

If I'm the Browns, I'm putting my #1 CB on the guy who has 13 receptions not the guy who has 2.

Also, the rest of the Cle D did well against NO WRs in general. Not a single guy with more than 3 receptions or 37 yards.

Phicinfan

Administrator
What makes you think that?

If I'm the Browns, I'm putting my #1 CB on the guy who has 13 receptions not the guy who has 2.

Also, the rest of the Cle D did well against NO WRs in general. Not a single guy with more than 3 receptions or 37 yards.
Because you put your best guy on the guy who has speed to go deep and make quick scores. Not the guy who plugs around the middle and gets alot of short receptions.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Jimmy Graham has a little speed but he's no where near the fastest receiver on the Saints yet more and more teams are covering him with their #1 CB.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jimmy Graham has a little speed but he's no where near the fastest receiver on the Saints yet more and more teams are covering him with their #1 CB.
Understood. I am not claiming this is an end all be all. But left undefended, T.Smith will do more damage than S.Smith. Its a gut feeling, but I bet I am right.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I figure he'll switch between the two and not blanket either one for the entire game. No doubt at all that you are correct that T Smith can hurt them a lot quicker then S Smith. Are you enjoying watching what Steve has been able to do thus far this young season? Man I'm getting a kick out of it and am so glad that he's not in Carolina to torment my Saints any longer.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I figure he'll switch between the two and not blanket either one for the entire game. No doubt at all that you are correct that T Smith can hurt them a lot quicker then S Smith. Are you enjoying watching what Steve has been able to do thus far this young season? Man I'm getting a kick out of it and am so glad that he's not in Carolina to torment my Saints any longer.
To me this is Deja vu. Same thing happened with Boldin went to Baltimore. He was the veteran Wr they desperately needed. I love Steve Smith, and what was hurting him in Carolina was lack of stars to pull coverage. Never had a legit #2 wr, and running game wasn't as dangerous as it could be.

In Baltimore, he has a legit #2(or #1 depending on point of view) solid Te, real running game and a Qb that looks for a vet in a pinch.