Fitz willing to restructure to make more money available for Boldin

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
how did he force his way into a contract? Compromising pictures? loaded gun at the time of the discussion? ;)

Probably had nothing to do with the fact the team knew this guy would be turning into an NFL phenom during the playoffs......

Well obviously he wasn't making threats with a loaded gun, but NFL teams don't just hand over a contract like that unless the player is holding their agent to an extremely high number and/or the team feels trapped.

That Fitz didn't want to play football for anything less than a king's ransom is the very reason that Anquan Boldin is getting paid less than 18% of what Fitzgerald is making. They can't pay another WR good money because of the money Fitzgerald demanded.

Oh and by the way. Mr. "Selfless" himself just said he didn't know where all this talk of him being willing to restructure his deal came from. What a saint!

Asked about possibly restructuring his contract Wednesday, Larry Fitzgerald said, "I don't know where that came from."

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
When did Boldin go from selfless to selfish? Because he wants to be on the field when it matters? I mean, just on the field, the guy would've been happy making blocks. I wouldn't want a receiver that didn't want to be on the field. I wouldn't want a football player who didn't want to be on the field.
When has Boldin been anything but selfish???

Runnik's Hambones

What? You guys honestly think Boldin is selfish? I'm sorry, all the guy wanted was to be on the field. He know's that he can go out there and win a game, just as well as Fitz can. He's been there longer, and done more on that team. Just because he wanted them to recognize his production all these years, he's selfish? No way. The only reason we didn't hear Fitz all year, is because he got his contract. And if he didn't? We'd be hearing things from him as well.

I mean come on, we're talking about a guy that had his face smashed, literally. But what did he do? He got back up and 2 weeks later he was on the field. He was out there working with his teamates, showing them what it takes to be a champion in this league. How can anyone say he's not deserving or that he doesn't have the right to ask for more money? 99.9% of us wouldn't even crawl out of bed and head to our desk job if we had an injury as bad as he had within 2 weeks, but he went on a FOOTBALL FIELD, IN THE NFL. Come on guys. Boldin is not selfish.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
Boldin is a warrior, and he deserves the big money. fitz is already getting the big money.

i think it's cool IF fitz offered to restructure too. but does this have to be an either/or situation--as in i like fitz but not boldin?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Good. I hope he walks, and the EAgles sign him OR T.J. if he isn't tagged.