First live draft in over a decade tommorrow

Zach

This should be interesting. I am so used to drafting online that the idea of sitting around with a bunch of guys drafting seems weird.

Hopefully I stay sober enough to not end up drafting Randy Moss in the fifth.

ExperiencedRookie

live draft is a totally different dynamic. I really like it. Some people get really dumb when its live. They either stick directly to whatever rankings their reading, or can be pressured into making dumb picks.

You'd be shocked how you can affect a moron with the things you say. You want someone to pass on McCoy, when its their turn to pick, just say "Hey dumbass, why don't you take McCoy." Hahahah

A

Axe Elf

Why would you want someone to pass on McCoy? Try to sucker them into TAKING McCoy!

Zach

I know most of the guys I am drafting with a weakness for Patron - so needless to say I am bringing a big bottle for them

I have a feeling this is going to go differently than any draft with people online. There are going to be some really odd picks - I am going to stick with picking best available. Trying to target players by round is going to be impossible since I will not have a clue what anyone is doing.

I will have a strong advantage - this league has been around for awhile - but this is the first year they are going PPR.

A

Axe Elf

See if you can sucker them into believing that Daunte Culpepper will come back to take the Vikings to the playoffs!

[/inside joke]

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Why the McCoy hate??

He believes that since he has a rookie Coach and a Qb battle that McCoy will have no value nor do well. I can't wait, as he and I are in multple leagues, can't wait to see if I can snag him and flaunt it in front of his pointy ears.

wical34

My reality check bounced.
No worries about Bryce Brown picking up any workload in this new offense? Also hasn't McCoy missed a few games that last 3 years? I'm not dropping him out of the top ten in my rankings, but I wouldn't take him ahead of Lynch where he's currently going.

A

Axe Elf

No worries about Bryce Brown picking up any workload in this new offense?

I think that's as big a factor--if not a bigger one--than the rookie NFL coach and the QB controversy (although those aren't non-factors either). Bryce Brown is a really talented RB that will take the ball in the end zone on one carry anywhere inside the five. If he can stop fumbling, he may even end up as the featured back. In any case, he's too much competition to consider anyone above him a top 10 RB.

A

Axe Elf

He believes that since he has a rookie Coach and a Qb battle that McCoy will have no value nor do well. I can't wait, as he and I are in multple leagues, can't wait to see if I can snag him and flaunt it in front of his pointy ears.

I'm Axe Elf, and I approve this strategy.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think that's as big a factor--if not a bigger one--than the rookie NFL coach and the QB controversy (although those aren't non-factors either). Bryce Brown is a really talented RB that will take the ball in the end zone on one carry anywhere inside the five. If he can stop fumbling, he may even end up as the featured back. In any case, he's too much competition to consider anyone above him a top 10 RB.

Okay then let me ask you this. If Brown is your major concern, then what about Rice. By all reports Pierce is going to get into his carries and be used alot more. But I have not seen any concern on your part for Rice.

I happen to think McCoy is on par with Rice, and have seen nothing that is dropping Rice down.

Issues last year with Philly was they were behind and had Vick giving the ball away, and McCoy got dinged up. I see him coming back strong this year.

A

Axe Elf

Okay then let me ask you this. If Brown is your major concern, then what about Rice. By all reports Pierce is going to get into his carries and be used alot more. But I have not seen any concern on your part for Rice.

http://www.sportsoutlaw.com/forum/showthread.php/47200-Axe-Elf-Hates-the-Players-You-Love

Ray Rice finished 6th among fantasy RBs in non-PPR scoring last season. Although the Chicken Littles of the world are probly overstating their case, and the Bobby McFerrins of the world are probly not worried enough--Bernard Pierce IS a concern. I really don’t see any reason that Rice should do any BETTER in 2013 than he did in 2012, and there are a few legitimate reasons that he could do worse. These include a potential increase in Pierce’s touches, the departure of Vonte Leach, a depleted defense that may force the Ravens into catch-up passing mode more often, and last but certainly not least, the most difficult schedule of defenses faced by any NFL RB corps this season. I would be surprised if Rice doesn’t drop out of the top 10 RBs in non-PPR scoring this season, although in PPR leagues he should fare slightly better.

I'm not AS concerned about Pierce as I am about Bryce Brown, because Bryce Brown is a better talent, and therefore Rice is more integral to the success of the Ravens than McCoy is to the Eagles. I wouldn't drop Rice as far as I would drop McCoy--and in a PPR league like IBL, I think he will probly still be in the bottom of the top 10--I just don't like him where he is being drafted--often among the top 5 RBs.

Zach

http://www.sportsoutlaw.com/forum/showthread.php/47200-Axe-Elf-Hates-the-Players-You-Love

I'm not AS concerned about Pierce as I am about Bryce Brown, because Bryce Brown is a better talent, and therefore Rice is more integral to the success of the Ravens than McCoy is to the Eagles. I wouldn't drop Rice as far as I would drop McCoy--and in a PPR league like IBL, I think he will probly still be in the bottom of the top 10--I just don't like him where he is being drafted--often among the top 5 RBs.

Ah ****... I drafted Rice with my first pick

Zach

So the idea going in was to get everyone drunk before we stared drafted.

Yet... I was the one who ended up drafting from the pool with my jeans still on.

Zach

Ok

PPR

Bonus for over 100/200/etc yards

Above post was a big pic - this is a bit smaller of the draft board - http://zachjj.com/drafxt.jpg

Took forever for it to upload on this connection

Starting lineups a bit dif

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
3 Flex (RB/WR/TE) - no max on a position
1 K
1 D

For the most part the positions are color coded on the draft chart - though two of mine were later in the alphabet and the makers of this draft kit I guess were cheap - Walsh and Vikings D are not colored like the rest of their position (both filled up extra spaces on the bottom of the TE sheet - so they are grey)

Last edited by a moderator: