Favre rumor

dukdown

Banned
Mustang "Ed Clark" Jones, after "pitching" -

clarkbar.jpg

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
The comparison is from AFC East preseason 08 to NFC North preseason 09.

The final records of teams in the AFC in 08 don't matter. Im looking at NFC North preseason 09 to AFC East preseason 08.

You going to tell me that all the teams in the NFC North are going to have the same records in 09 as they had in 08?

Preseason 08 everyone of us would have talked about how weak this division is, with a terrible Miami squad, and 2 mediocre teams in NYJ and Buffalo.

I try not to deal much in preseason projections and put more weight on the reality of what actually happened. You're stretching your rationalization of divisional strength way outside the context of this thread.

Let's just stick to what really occurred last season in the AFC East and the offseason moves of the NFC North. 2008 predictions are completely irrelevant with regards to how Favre would do QB'ing the Vikings in 2009.

I try not to deal much in preseason projections and put more weight on the reality of what actually happened. You're stretching your rationalization of divisional strength way outside the context of this thread.

Let's just stick to what really occurred last season in the AFC East and the offseason moves of the NFC North. 2008 predictions are completely irrelevant with regards to how Favre would do QB'ing the Vikings in 2009.
I use big words when I'm high too.:eek

ExperiencedRookie

The problem with this line of comparison is that we're looking at the AFC East from 08 and the NFC North in 09.

It's not fair to say that he played in a tougher division in 08 if you don't know how tough the division that he may be playing in 09 is.

It may appear right now that the NFC North will be softer when compared to the success of the AFC East in 08.

The point that I'm trying to make is that when going into 08, the AFC East appeared to be fairly soft. Maybe just as soft, if not softer, as we're projecting the NFC North to be.

It would only be fair when making a pre-season divisional assessment that we use another pre-season assessment in comparison. As we all know, things are not always as they seem, just as Miami displayed last year.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Look man, check this out -

Favre tries to go to Vikings straight outta Lambau...so he retires. He knows the Packers could block him and make him play a year on a team via a trade. It's an easy bet to make and worth a shot.

Favre already knows he wants to keep playing. And he wants to play for the Vikings.

But why did he cry then? If he's that good an actor, he should go to the land of fruits and nuts.

And fine whine.

But why did he cry then? If he's that good an actor, he should go to the land of fruits and nuts.

And fine whine.
dude. he gave it a shot. he wanted you to care. see? it worked. but he still had to do a year.

dude. he was in "Something About Mary". Hello?

and, cha, he's such a whiner. should be a forty niner...fan

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Ooooooo. If that's true he's done. Much like Arlen Spectre. (spelling intentional)

Last edited by a moderator: