Fantasy impact of Cutler trade

Having not read all of the posts in this thread, and having the dubious honor of giving a crap about who goes where from there, Cutlers value only dips a little.

Bears QB's, if you can guess which one will start, have been solid substitutes for years. An awful game once in a while was the real problem.

Cutler may do even better in Chicago, with a defense thats window is closing and a coach who really needs to start showing something.

If Cutler shines, so does Lovie.

So, Cutler goes for a fortune and Castle goes for a second round pick? is that right?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I realize Sarge may come unglued about this, but if Chris Simms actually beats out Orton (very realistic) couldn't he be startable in a deeper league by midseason? He's got 4 better targets to throw to than he had in Chicago (Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, Stokely), and without a viable run game and presumably playing from behind due to the porous defense, not to mention being in a wannabe New England system.. I don't think 3,500 yds and 20-24 TD's is out of the question.

As for Cutler's impact, his yards/TD's will fall back until/unless they acquire some sort of WR threat, but so will his INT's. He'll be more efficient with a stud RB behind him, a better defense, and a crappy pass defending division to thump for 6 games.

I think I posted in one of the Cutler threads that I thought this vaults Forte into one of the top RB fantasy spots this year. You can bank on 1800-2000 total yards and 15 total TD's from him now that he won't have 8 guys in the box on every play.

On a side note, Hester might see a slight uptick, but no way in hell does he sniff 1,000 yards. He's money as a returner, but not so much as a full-time WR. Their special teams slid back alot last year with him splitting time as a receiver.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
So, Cutler goes for a fortune and Castle goes for a second round pick? is that right?

Cutler is a far more established commodity. Cassell showed some skills, but alot of backup types also could've in what amounts to the NFL equivalent of Texas Tech.

Not only that, but the NE-KC deal would've been scrutinized as insider trading if it happened on Wall Street.

Cutler is a far more established commodity. Cassell showed some skills, but alot of backup types also could've in what amounts to the NFL equivalent of Texas Tech.

Not only that, but the NE-KC deal would've been scrutinized as insider trading if it happened on Wall Street.
who said that?

can i thank wes more than once?