Eagles sign QB Vince Young to be a backup!

Coachnorm

The Philadelphia Eagles have signed free-agent QB Vince Young (Titans) to a one-year, $5.5 million deal. Starter quality backup with a similar skill set to Vick which adds continuity to the Offense.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Now, lets see if they can fix him, as the supposedly fixed vick.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I also love the pick up. Young plays the same style as Vick. If Young can get himself straightened up, he is teh perfect back up to Vick.

cctekguy

Staff member
I hate the pick.

Eagles are posturing themselves for a serious run at the title. One of the few question marks is: How long will Vick last.

If Vince needed to come in for a quarter...or a game, that would be fine.

But to hand the keys to my super bowl team over to a Jekyll and Hyde nut job in November would be, I think, a disaster.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I'm confused. Why would the Eagles pay so much for someone who fizzles so easily? That's like paying 5 million for one dose of Alka-Seltzer. They better drink up quick or they'll loose any relief they hoped to gain.

Remote Controller

The one year deal doesn't put them out much for a guy who can use his legs somewhat like Vick. They have Kafka anyway, so this is just a wild assed attempt at Young recapturing some of what he had, cuz he did used to win. If Vick were to go down the core offense could stay the same.