Dynasty trade offers

ExperiencedRookie

I'm currently in talks for a trade in my dynasty, and a player recently mentioned in this forum is part of it.

Guy is offering me Trent Richardson($20,000 3 years) ,Josh Gordon ($350, 1 year), and the 17th pick in the rookie draft for Colston($7000 1 yr) and the 3rd pick in the rookie draft.

Colston is pretty much dead to me at the point. He's aging, no longer even close to a #1 option, and is in the final year of his contract on my team. I'm 95% sure I won't be trying to make him a restricted FA next year because I'll have to pay him quite a bit more to keep him. Considering that I have Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Pierre Garçon, Golden Tate, and Markus Wheaton at WR already, Colston is kind of an after thought.

My issue is giving up the 3rd pick in the rookie draft for the likes of Gordon and Trent who has a grossly inflated contract.

I can work some deals where he has to pay a percentage of Trent's contract, but is it really worth it? Is he junk or not, ya know? Thoughts??

cctekguy

Staff member
Although the thought of getting something for Colston is appealing, you aren't really getting anything for him in this deal.

I have high hopes for a Richardson rebound this year but not high enough to give up a shot at the next Eddie Lacy.

I wouldn't make the trade if it was just Richardson for my 3 let alone throw in Colston (who still has some (a little) value) for Gordon (0 value) and a 17th (very little face value).

Looks to me like the guy is trying to throw away his headaches and a 17 and get a 3 for them.

ExperiencedRookie

I countered with Colston and my 3rd round pick for Trent with both of us paying half of his salary for the duration of his contract.

Total shit deal for him, but we'll see what he does next

ExperiencedRookie

Didn't land Trent, but I've made some other solid deals.

Traded Colston on a 1 yr dynasty deal to the worst team in our league. He gave me his 1st rd pick in 2016.

I screwed up because I initially wanted his 2015 1st rounder, so I made him another trade offer after the 1st one processed.

I gave him pick 1.12 in this years rookie draft for his 1st rounder next year, which should be no less than top 3.

Last trade. I shipped my pick at 3.09 in this years rookie draft for Khiry Robinson. Figured I wasn't going to land anyone as interesting as Khiry in the late 3rd round.

I'm very satisfied at this point. Made 3 trades, unloaded Colston who has no value for me past 2014, picked up multiple future 1st round picks from the worst team in the league, and still hold my pick at 1.03 and 1.09 in this years draft

ExperiencedRookie

Rookie draft started today. Grabbed Carlos Hyde at 1.03 and Kelvin Benjamin at 1.09. Almost took Devonta Freeman instead, but landed on the giant WR.

ExperiencedRookie

I'll continue to brag cause I'm pretty happy with my team. Roster is as follows with contract years next to them.

QB: Andrew Luck 3, Mike Glennon 4, EJ Manual 2
RB: Montee Ball 2, CJ Spiller 3, Chris Johnson 4, Chris Ivory 2, Ryan Matthews 3, Carlos Hyde 3, Khiry Robinson 4
WR: Jordy Nelson 1, Antonio Brown 2, Pierre Garçon 3, Golden Tate 1, Kelvin Benjamin 3
TE: Jimmy Graham 5, Martellus Bennett 3

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Nice Job ER, you have great depth at most positions. TE is a key big win, big lose, so might want to target TE with some draft choices, or make a trade. Otherwise, love your roster and mix of young and old.

ExperiencedRookie

Nice Job ER, you have great depth at most positions. TE is a key big win, big lose, so might want to target TE with some draft choices, or make a trade. Otherwise, love your roster and mix of young and old.
I need TE? I have Jimmy Graham locked up on a max deal and Bennett behind him. There's not a team in the league with a better TE situation.

Also, I don't think I have much of a mix of young and old at all. Outside of Chris Johnson, I barely have a single player with more than 5 years NFL experience.

Oh and btw..your IBL roster is looking pretty salty. That team should be damn good

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'll continue to brag cause I'm pretty happy with my team. Roster is as follows with contract years next to them.

QB: Andrew Luck 3, Mike Glennon 4, EJ Manual 2
RB: Montee Ball 2, CJ Spiller 3, Chris Johnson 4, Chris Ivory 2, Ryan Matthews 3, Carlos Hyde 3, Khiry Robinson 4
WR: Jordy Nelson 1, Antonio Brown 2, Pierre Garçon 3, Golden Tate 1, Kelvin Benjamin 3
TE: Jimmy Graham 5, Martellus Bennett 3
Okay let me clarify:
Qb - excellent youth and depth
Wr: Great vets - nelson, Garcon, and youth Brown and Tate and Benjamin
Te - Graham is a stud - Bennett is a head case ready to be booted, so look for help.....

Better?

thanks on IBL, added Boldin and Kaepernick too :)

ExperiencedRookie

Okay let me clarify:
Qb - excellent youth and depth
Wr: Great vets - nelson, Garcon, and youth Brown and Tate and Benjamin
Te - Graham is a stud - Bennett is a head case ready to be booted, so look for help.....

Better?

thanks on IBL, added Boldin and Kaepernick too :)

Good point on Bennett. He is a bit of a nut. Greg Olsen is a FA who all owners can bid on in a week. Might not be a bad target.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Guy is offering me Trent Richardson($20,000 3 years) ,Josh Gordon ($350, 1 year), and the 17th pick in the rookie draft for Colston($7000 1 yr) and the 3rd pick in the rookie draft.
It so doesn't matter what you have. Josh Gordon is a question mark and the 3rd pick of the rookie draft would have to be better than Trent Richardson. Think Khiry Robinson.

Last edited: