Direct TV Deals

efactor

Coming at you
Just thought I would post this for anyone who has DTV and Sunday ticket.

Every year I manage to get Sunday ticket for free with a few other perks but this year they were digging in with minimal deals and saying that was the best they could do. Got on a few sites about the subject and here is what you have to do.

-Schedule your service for cancellation even if you are still in contract. Put it a week or so out. They will call your bluff and set the cancellation date.
-You will soon (2 days for me) get an email to call them to discuss "the big deal" they will give as an incentive to stay. The big deal is essentially $40 off your monthly bill for 12 months and free Sunday ticket/red zone for the year plus 3 free months of HBO/ etc. Do not take that deal. Tell them that is not enough to make you stay. They will then offer you a $200 Visa gift card. Now is the time to say "hell yeah".

So, to recap, $40 off monthly bill for a year, free Sunday Ticket for the year and 3 months of HBO, plus a $200 Visa gift card. Just have to set a cancellation date and wait patiently.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I have had good success in the past....this year...they just said they could do nothing...fock them...loyal customer since 2007 and wouldn't even offer anything. Cancelled ST and will be moving in all likelihood.

efactor

Coming at you
I have had good success in the past....this year...they just said they could do nothing...fock them...loyal customer since 2007 and wouldn't even offer anything. Cancelled ST and will be moving in all likelihood.

Cancel the whole service and they will come after you like the head cheerleader on prom night. :cool:

Remote Controller

This reminds me of my Sirius satellite deal. I have never paid over $90 for it all. I used to work the Sunday ticket deal also but now don't feel I need it.