Dare I? -- Silver Sack Award?!?

realmwalker

6 pts ALL TD, bonus for 100yd game,League STARTs 3 WR

Dare I start both Calvin Johnson and Nate Burleson today?

WR
Andre Johnson - locked in lineup ----> @MIA
Calvin Johnson - locked (should play) ----> KC
Kenny Britt - ----------> BAL
Nate Burleson -------> KC

I actually drafted Burleson late JUST in case something ever happened to Megatron, because he is truly a handcuff to Megatron in Detroits offense and as long as Stafford is healthy he trusts them both...so the thought is....do the Lions have enough firepower to consider starting both WR and sitting Britt vs. Baltimore and their mean D (they will key on CJ2K I assume) or do I just roll with Britt considering they are trying to force feed their one true WR threat?

The other factor I worry about is that Chris Johnson only had 9 touches last week and they will want to give him at leat 20 this week IMHO.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

#1bears fan

Ive been struggling over this all day!! I have Burelson in my lineup on 2 teams where I dont have Calvin the other 2 where I want to play him I have nicks going as of now and Calvin. I just asked this same question so well see what the general consensus is

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Nicks is a GTD...go with the certain thing...and to you Mr Nate VS Megatron....Megatron should have a huge day.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Ah...i wouldnt do it. Its really risky...even against the Chiefs (i believe).

cctekguy

Staff member
Burleson will do what he's gonna do regardless of whether you have Calvin or not.

You are starting Burleson in the leagues that you DON'T have Calvin so you must think he's a good play.

The only real risk is that the Lions implode this week, then you are screwed with or without Calvin.

Vs K.C., I don't see that as being a risk at all.

gizzil

i dont like starting two receivers (or even a wr/rb or wr/te) from the same team... chiefs or no chiefs, and especially lions players