Cutler situation is not getting any better...

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Cutler just put his multi-million dollar Denver house up for sale.

Doesn't look good... we'll see what happens. No way to speculate what's going on behind closed doors.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Maybe the greatest misuse of the word "great" that I have ever seen.........:shake:

Sorry, but at best, Leftwich is an OK QB. Cannon arm but he takes so long to get rid of the ball, not great accuracy and the slowest QB this side of Kurt Warner............
dunno: He may not be a world beater....but I would take him over pretty much any other Qb still out there.....other than maybe Garcia.

efactor

Coming at you
dunno: He may not be a world beater....but I would take him over pretty much any other Qb still out there.....other than maybe Garcia.

OK, that I agree with.............:cool:

I was just having trouble digesting the thought of Leftwich as "great"...........

Phicinfan

Administrator
OK, that I agree with.............:cool:

I was just having trouble digesting the thought of Leftwich as "great"...........
I will say this though. He has an almost 60% completion rate...and doesn't throw a ton of INTs. He does have a somewhat slow delivery. Put him on a team with a solid OL...and he could be a decent choice as a fill in while a rookie develops.

I wonder if the Jets are going to make any kind of move at Qb?

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Cutler just put his multi-million dollar Denver house up for sale.

A house. He has a couple of them here.

Doesn't look good... we'll see what happens. No way to speculate what's going on behind closed doors.

But yeah... this McDaniels is getting under my skin. When I think of all the apples to fall out of the Belichek tree only to turn brown and rotten under the spotlight, I really wish Bowlen would rein this kid in a little.

Remote Controller

A house. He has a couple of them here.

• -- Cutler Puts a House Up for Sale, But... --
    Fri Mar 13, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • CBS4 in Denver reports Broncos QB Jay Cutler has put his house up for sale in the Denver area. It's a house he bought back in 2006 in Castle Pines. However, that's not the house considered to be his primary residence which is much closer to the Broncos facility. Fact is, Cutler has three properties that we know of including a condo in downtown. Cutler has been thinking about selling the Castle Pines house for somewhere around six months. Long before any controversy erupted between the quarterback and the Broncos.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Yeah - it looks like the house sale was a false alarm.

Given the context, I wouldn't say it was necessarily a false alarm. Wouldn't this be a fantastic time for Tennessee to admit they whiffed on VY and shop him and a 2nd round pick to Denver for Cutler? He starred at Vandy and they already have a made-to-order veteran backup in Collins. I would assume the Titans have a reasonable amount of cap space after Haynesworth's departure.

I'm having a difficult time envisioning Jay in a Denver uni for week 1 this season, and I can't say I totally blame him if he wants to play elsewhere after what went down.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
1. Thanks to Ram for credit for the laying the wick comment. One of my best ever.

2. I agree with you 100%. I watch this soap opera unfold with interest, and I honestly keep waiting for the day my ESPN alert tells me where he got traded.

I am just waiting for the goons in my dynasty leagues to suddenly start shopping him for draft picks....:thumbsup:

:nono:
In the all-about me league I'm in, Jay is my QB. A fine DieNasty QB he be. Shop him around for draft picks? Not 'this guy'.

Looking for another QB? Hells Yeah!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDZY3ILbz90"]YouTube - PsP Hells Yeah[/ame]

Remote Controller

• -- Jay Cutler Likely to Attend First Team Meeting Monday --
    Sat Mar 14, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • The Denver Post reports a source close to disgruntled Broncos QB Jay Cutler said he most likely will attend new HC Josh McDaniels' first team meeting Monday.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well, here is the reality. Denver CAN'T trade Cutler. Part of the deal to NE was they get a Qb back. Other than Cleveland....no one has a QB they would deal that would fit Denver's system. Even if multiple picks were offered...who would Denver use? Simms?:biglaugh:

Cutler will just have to suck it up..and play out his contract....but I bet he is gone once go goes FA.

Remote Controller

-- Cutler & McDaniels Finally Meet; Rift Remains --
Sun Mar 15, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
AP reports QB Jay Cutler finally met face-to-face with new Denver Broncos HC Josh McDaniels over the weekend, but nothing was resolved, leading to doubt that the quarterback will show up for the new coach's first team meeting Monday. Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said that the coach and quarterback involved in a simmering feud over trade talks met Saturday at the team's training facility and both sides agreed to regroup and continue conversations. Denver station KCNC-TV reported that the meeting didn't go well, and The Denver Post reported that words were exchanged between Cutler and McDaniels. The Broncos insist they're not going to trade Cutler.

Bayton

This is a little off topic. But, is that really news? They talked, but what they actually talked about wasn't reported. This type of reporting is starting to wear me pretty thin. The kind where the drama behind it is more of the story than actions. Everyone remembers the last however many off-seasons with Terrel drama, last summer with Farve. With the amount of "reporting" that happens there is such a lack in substance. Espn/abc has been part of the problem. They perpetuate problems more than they report them. According to reports Cutler had been looking to put that home on the market for some time. Now that he put in the market, Espn mentions it every single time that Cutler is brought up. As they are also stating that Cutler might or might not show up to a team meeting. How is that news?

Espn started selling drama and themselves instead of sports. Whats the best part about drama? Is that it never ends and there is always more to be found. They have found something to sell that they can't run out of. The only way they will stop selling it is if we stop buying, i.e. stop watching. At first I enjoyed Pardon the Interuption when it first aired. The back and forth excitement with humor sprinkled throughout, it was a hit. As evidence, its been on air for close to 8-10 years. But then, everything started turning combative. Around the Horn, NFL Live, NFL countdown, 4 downs(salsbury and the crypt keeper John Clayton) NFL primetime,(anyone just miss Boomer and TJ just talking about what happened like real people instead of the yahoos doing it now?) What is it with the NFL countdown crew of 20 people where everyone only gets to talk for 10 secs and move on cuz they have to fit in their whole crew of retired football stars and coaches. Why isnt Emmitt Smith fired yet?

Something that really started turning me off of sportscenter and Espn was one of the series they had, search to be the next mlb and nba analyst. During some of the challenges, they had the contestants argue with each other. The winner would be the one who crushed the other person the best. I never understood why you want your "experts" to discredit and humiliate each other on the air. Once I noticed that the company wanted arguements and conflict, I started doing double takes when those situations reappeared. Parcells referring to Terrel as "the player", when did that constitute as new worthy? Examples are endless. Does Bill Belicheck really hate Mangini? Did Romo not throw to Terrel because he was friends with Witten? My whole point is, is that the focus has been to espn selling themselves and perpetuating the cycle that you have to tune in to find out what happened next in the soap opera of sports that they helped create. They promote the games airing on their networks more than they do games that air on others. Notice how when espn stopped carrying Hockey games, nhl 2nite vanished and their whole nhl on-air staff became Barry Melrose?

Get off the endless drive for money and viewers, get back to what made you great or else things will start to come crashing down. I've heard it from several people that they don't watch espn/sportscenter much anymore and I'm sure they aren't the only ones.

Espn is alittle too :gay2:

Oh, Jay stop whining, if you want to leave, hold out. If you don't, get back to work. McDaniels, act like a man and admit that you lied and say that you are the boss and have a right to trade anyone on the team. End the drama..

Here is a great song from the great M. J. Blige.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ9uCiPBIWc"]YouTube - Mary J. Blige - No More Drama[/nomedia]

Phicinfan

Administrator
well ESPN is now running a story that states Cutler is DEMANDING a trade and won't come to any more team activities.

So what now? Does he hold out? Does Denver take that chance? Who can trade with Denver?

here is the thing, the trade Denver participated in discussions on got them a Qb back in Cassell. So, seeing as the only other choice at QB for Denver right now is Simms...they have to get a Qb back in this deal.

so that means:
Cleveland? - Quinn could be deal bait...and Anderson kept as back up. Add a pick as well from Cleveland to sweeten the deal. Not sure Mangini wants Cutler though.
Detroit? - They don't have a QB to give, but could give up their high first rounder so Denver can take a Qb in the draft.
Philly? - they have been rumored to want to deal McNabb, but I don't buy it.

Other than that...who?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Get a boatload of draft picks back from the Jets and sign Leftwich to a cap-friendly 2 year deal as a stopgap?
Hell, who knows, but I'll stick by my earlier statement that he's not in Denver by the time week 1 rolls around. Reports are currently swirling.