Crushed another draft

ExperiencedRookie

11 years in this league. I consistently come out of the draft loving my team. Have never won the title though.

Is this the year? 14 teams. Full PPR. QB-RB-WR-WR-FLEX-TE-K-D

I picked 12th. Didn’t seem ideal at the time. Then Zeke fell into my lap.

Zeke
Tyreek
D Freeman
Engram
Ridley
Mack
Cam
Samuel
Allison
Justice Hill
Josh Allen
Tony Pollard
Bills D
Crosby

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So lets see:
Qb - Cam and Josh Allen - not bad, but middle of the pack but still solid
Rb - Freeman, Zeke(assuming end of hold out), Mack, Pollard(nice Zeke cuff!!) and Hill not bad. Mack may get an uptake with Luck gone
Wr - Tyreek, Ridley(ATL version yes?), Samuel,
Te - Engram(good pick)
Crosby - well he is a K so okay
Bills D - could be a good pick

Allison has me stumped, can't figure out who that is...

Overall, you are solid at Qb, Very good at Rb, but may be really hurting at Wr.
Engram is great, but no depth... Hope he doesn't get hurt.

You probably can make the playoffs again, but not sure you can win it

ExperiencedRookie

So lets see:
Qb - Cam and Josh Allen - not bad, but middle of the pack but still solid
Rb - Freeman, Zeke(assuming end of hold out), Mack, Pollard(nice Zeke cuff!!) and Hill not bad. Mack may get an uptake with Luck gone
Wr - Tyreek, Ridley(ATL version yes?), Samuel,
Te - Engram(good pick)
Crosby - well he is a K so okay
Bills D - could be a good pick

Allison has me stumped, can't figure out who that is...

Overall, you are solid at Qb, Very good at Rb, but may be really hurting at Wr.
Engram is great, but no depth... Hope he doesn't get hurt.

You probably can make the playoffs again, but not sure you can win it
That’s Calvin Ridley

Allison is Geronimo. Love his role in GB. He was a beast before he got hurt last year.

The Engram pick could have been Matt Ryan instead, but the drop off at TE would have been steep.

Cam at QB worries me a little. I don’t hate Josh Allen though. His running gives him a very safe floor and a bit of upside.

ExperiencedRookie

Nice squad, and love Allison, but stil worried about your WR depth. 14 teams always have some questions
It’s really hard to be strong at WR in a 14 teamer without dedicating 2 of your first 3 picks to the position.

There’s quite a few WRs still out on the wire that I like for PPR.

efactor

Coming at you
Great team for a 14 teamer.

I'm not a big Cam fan this year, but you can always trade for a QB if he struggles out of the gate.

We switched our local league from 12 to 14 three years ago. Amazing difference those two extra slots mean for draft position, especially when you draft on the edges. I drafted 12th last year and got a good share of my targets. Ended up 14th this year and got 4 of my main targets snapped up by the guy drafting 13th. Was kind of hating him by the end of the draft and he is one of my best friends. :mad:

As an aside, Elliott still went 4th (big Cowboy fan). You got a gift there as I don't see Zeke or Jerry taking this pissing contest much further.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm not a big Cam fan this year, but you can always trade for a QB if he struggles out of the gate.

We switched our local league from 12 to 14 three years ago. Amazing difference those two extra slots mean for draft position, especially when you draft on the edges. I drafted 12th last year and got a good share of my targets. Ended up 14th this year and got 4 of my main targets snapped up by the guy drafting 13th. Was kind of hating him by the end of the draft and he is one of my best friends. :mad:

As an aside, Elliott still went 4th (big Cowboy fan). You got a gift there as I don't see Zeke or Jerry taking this pissing contest much further.
I’m curious to see your squad now if you don’t mind.

I’m a chronic rosterbatur

ExperiencedRookie

Cam in the 7th felt like fine value. I’m also likely higher on him than most. He was on his way to posting career highs in efficiency ratings last year before he got hurt. This is year 2 with his new offensive coordinator. McCaff has become an animal. Moore and Samuel seem to be progressing.

I snatched him up as the 10th QB off the board at that point. It was Cam or Rivers. Jameis(another guy I like) went one pick ahead of me.

efactor

Coming at you
I’m curious to see your squad now if you don’t mind.

I’m a chronic rosterbatur

1.14 OBJ: Just a feeling he has a huge season. Hard to pass on Juju here,
2.01 Cook: In a 14 team, the RBs would have been rough by the time it got back to me. Like the 3/4 turn WRs just fine
3.14 Godwin: Love him. Arians in and Humphries and DJax gone.
4.01 Golladay:
5.14 Hunter Henry
6.01 Robby Anderson
7.12 Royce Freeman (I like him more than most)
8.01 Carson Wentz: My 2nd ranked QB. Generally wait a bit more, but really wanted him
9.14 Chris Thompson: Redskins gonna be behind a lot. result of waiting on RB
10:01 Lamar Jackson: Usually don't take a back-up QB, but love his upside and the guy behind me really wanted him. Already discussing trade
11.14 Justice Hill: Felt fortunate he fell to me here
12.01 Jalen Samuels
13.16 Mike Davis
14.01 Chase Edmonds
15.14 Harrison Buckner
16:01 Browns D (I'm a streamer)

Like the team overall. Obviously weak at 2nd RB, although I think Freeman will be solid with the new coach and system. Started grabbing RBs at the end for obvious reasons. Short benches, so waivers generally have some decent WR fill ins available.

Really wanted Adams but he went at 1.13. RB heavy early here so good WRs fell
Was gonna grab Melvin Gordon at 3..14 but he was grabbed at 3.13
Was gonna grab Montgomery at 5.14 but he was taken at 5.13
Was gonna grab Breida at 7.14 but he was taken at 7.13

Anyway, not my dream team by any measure, but I'm feeling good about it. Had either Gordon (I don't think there is anyway he sits out more than a game or two) or Montgomery slipped one more spot to me, it would have made a big difference.

ExperiencedRookie

1.14 OBJ: Just a feeling he has a huge season. Hard to pass on Juju here,
2.01 Cook: In a 14 team, the RBs would have been rough by the time it got back to me. Like the 3/4 turn WRs just fine
3.14 Godwin: Love him. Arians in and Humphries and DJax gone.
4.01 Golladay:
5.14 Hunter Henry
6.01 Robby Anderson
7.12 Royce Freeman (I like him more than most)
8.01 Carson Wentz: My 2nd ranked QB. Generally wait a bit more, but really wanted him
9.14 Chris Thompson: Redskins gonna be behind a lot. result of waiting on RB
10:01 Lamar Jackson: Usually don't take a back-up QB, but love his upside and the guy behind me really wanted him. Already discussing trade
11.14 Justice Hill: Felt fortunate he fell to me here
12.01 Jalen Samuels
13.16 Mike Davis
14.01 Chase Edmonds
15.14 Harrison Buckner
16:01 Browns D (I'm a streamer)

Like the team overall. Obviously weak at 2nd RB, although I think Freeman will be solid with the new coach and system. Started grabbing RBs at the end for obvious reasons. Short benches, so waivers generally have some decent WR fill ins available.

Really wanted Adams but he went at 1.13. RB heavy early here so good WRs fell
Was gonna grab Melvin Gordon at 3..14 but he was grabbed at 3.13
Was gonna grab Montgomery at 5.14 but he was taken at 5.13
Was gonna grab Breida at 7.14 but he was taken at 7.13

Anyway, not my dream team by any measure, but I'm feeling good about it. Had either Gordon (I don't think there is anyway he sits out more than a game or two) or Montgomery slipped one more spot to me, it would have made a big difference.
Montgomery in the 5th would have been incredible value! Your team would look a lot better with him in the fold. RB2 is a pretty big joke for you. Royce doesn’t intrigue me at all

efactor

Coming at you
Montgomery in the 5th would have been incredible value! Your team would look a lot better with him in the fold. RB2 is a pretty big joke for you. Royce doesn’t intrigue me at all

I think people are way too down on Freeman. He was hurt last year and they switched to a zone blocking system which is better for him. Fangio will want to pound the ball.

We will see about Montgomery once the real games start. Davis is going to have a role, probably in the 6-8 touch a week range and with Cohen taking pretty much all of the 3rd down work, I think people are going a bit overboard on him right now. He would have been a great value at the end of the 5th, but I couldn't pull the string at the 3/4 turn, especially since I am high on Golladay and Godwin. Was hoping for Breida at the 7/8 turn as well, but he went a few picks earlier.

ExperiencedRookie

I think people are way too down on Freeman. He was hurt last year and they switched to a zone blocking system which is better for him. Fangio will want to pound the ball.

We will see about Montgomery once the real games start. Davis is going to have a role, probably in the 6-8 touch a week range and with Cohen taking pretty much all of the 3rd down work, I think people are going a bit overboard on him right now. He would have been a great value at the end of the 5th, but I couldn't pull the string at the 3/4 turn, especially since I am high on Golladay and Godwin. Was hoping for Breida at the 7/8 turn as well, but he went a few picks earlier.
I think you’re too low on Montgomery. There’s no way Cohen holds all 3rd downs

That was the biggest problem with the Chicago offense last year. Howard was completely inept as a receiver. They were forced to tip their hand on a lot of playcalling based on the RB in the formation.

Monty was a terrific receiver in college. He has a true 3 down skill set.

Davis is a bum. He’ll see those 6-8 carries per game for no more than 33% of games.

efactor

Coming at you
I think you’re too low on Montgomery. There’s no way Cohen holds all 3rd downs

That was the biggest problem with the Chicago offense last year. Howard was completely inept as a receiver. They were forced to tip their hand on a lot of playcalling based on the RB in the formation.

Monty was a terrific receiver in college. He has a true 3 down skill set.

Davis is a bum. He’ll see those 6-8 carries per game for no more than 33% of games.

OK. I think you’re too high on Montgomery.

Cohen is gonna play. He’s exceptional in the passing game.

Davis is a solid player who is a good receiver out of the backfield. 34 catches last year and over 500 yards rushing at 4.6 a carry (4.7 for Carson and 4.9 for Penny) He’s gonna be used.

Bears won’t want to burn Montgomery out. Rookie RBs tend to hit a wall towards the end of the season (not all of course) and they will limit his touches to keep him fresh. No need to pound him 20 times a games with Davis there.

I obviously like him and would have targeted him in the late 4th to early 5th but that’s not where I picked. But he is going early 4th in a lot of drafts and I think that’s too early.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I will jump in here just for fun.

First I am with efactor on Montgomery. He is a really good young Rb, but they won't throw him out there right away. I think you will see Davis and Cohen until they are sure Montgomery is up to speed and can help in pass protection.

That being said this won't be a wash year and he will be solid taking more and more once year goes on.

As for Freeman, I see a time share in Denver. I also agree with efactor that Fangio wants to run as much as possible, and he will use Freeman to bang, and then use Lindsey to change pace and in passing game. Riddick is hurt and won't gain on this at all for quite a while.

Last edited:

ExperiencedRookie

I will jump in here just for fun.

First I am with efactor on Montgomery. He is a really good young Rb, but they won't throw him out there right away. I think you will see Davis and Cohen until they are sure Montgomery is up to speed and can help in pass protection.

That being said this won't be a wash year and he will be solid taking more and more once year goes on.

As for Freeman, I see a time share in Denver. I also agree with efactor that Fangio wants to run as much as possible, and he will use Freeman to bang, and then use Lindsey to change pace and in passing game. Riddick is hurt and won't gain on this at all for quite a while.
Montgomery has been held out of the last 2 preseason games with the starters. He is unquestionably their RB1. 15+ touches in week 1.