Crabtree PUP'D

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Sacramento Bee reports Michael Crabtree could miss 4-6 weeks of training camp and preseason action with a foot injury that kept him out of player-organized workouts.
In other words, Crabtree is going to miss his third straight preseason. The injury is to the same foot that Crabtree had surgically repaired prior to the 2009 draft, though it's not certain if it's an aggravation or a separate ailment. Either way, it's serious enough that the 49ers will pursue a veteran receiver to fill in opposite Josh Morgan. They were reportedly in on Chad Ochocinco. The recovery timetable leaves Crabtree questionable for Week 1. He could've used the reps to work on his failed chemistry with Alex Smith. We don't trust the 49ers QB situation or Crabtree's foot. He will start camp on the PUP list, confirming the 49ers' concern.

mills

This is what Morgan has been waiting for. This dude has the skills but has never had a real chance to shine. glad I locked him down in the L2K league :)

bodey24

Staff member
This is what Morgan has been waiting for. This dude has the skills but has never had a real chance to shine. glad I locked him down in the L2K league :)

He's still not going to have a chance. Alex Smith is still his QB :)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Am I sniffing bust here? How long are we having to wait to see this kid put it together?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Starting to look like he doesn't get overly motivated about attending training camp. In the earlier Crab thread, I mentioned that he'll be a 2nd contract guy. Once he sees the writing on the wall that his public perception is faltering, he'll turn it on for his contract year. What happens beyond that depends on his maturity and integrity at that point.

Haven't checked the FA trackers yet, but Sims-Walker should still be out there and available at a decent price, and would be a nice fit even when Crab comes back.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Derrick Mason would pecker slap Crabtree and take his damn job. Mason is a professional football player. Crabtree is a diva.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Crabass is a piece of sh*t and always will be a piece of sh*t. Glad I traded him for DJack last year!

Can everyone say BUSTO!