Cowboys Release DC Brian Stewart

Coachnorm

The Dallas Cowboys have relieved defensive coordinator Brian Stewart of his duties, according to league sources.

Interesting timing? Stewart was relieved of actual playcalling duties when Wade Phillips took over The D late in the season. Could the Cowboys be ready to make a head coaching move with all the coaching talent out there? This could make room to keep Wade Phillips as a DC while making a move a getting a new Head Coach? Pretty speculative on my part, but there is becoming a lot of late coaching changes going on here this year.

Mike

Administrator
Really not sure why Brian Stewart wasn't fired during the season. The guy brought nothing to the table.

Things are brewing right now in Dallas. I have my thoughts on what is coming, just waiting to see if it truly pans out. If a new head coach does in fact come to Dallas, and Wade Phillips remains on as DC and does it with an open mind, things could be looking pretty good.

Coachnorm

If Jerry Jones is starting to contemplate a new head Coach this DC removal does sort of make the perfect in house landing pad for Wade Phillips. Wade can remain with the club contributing to the Cowboys concentrating in the area he excels in.