Congress calls the BCS "communism"

DearbornDolfan

Because Utah won their bowl game against Alabama, the BCS has lost any leverage. This is a no-win for them and they should just bend over now.

Because Utah won their bowl game against Alabama, the BCS has lost any leverage. This is a no-win for them and they should just bend over now.
I'm on board because Congress knows best. That's why I vote, so they can vote on the MNC.

edit: Who got hosed in the BCS last year?

Seems like it was Texas. and wait. who's the voice behind this? some dude from Texas? no shit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I agree with what Ive read coming out of Congress. No one is saying you cant have your 90 bowl games a year. All they will likely put in would be a 4 team playoff.

Even if they did 8 and had 3 rounds, you play all the games except the national title game at home. You then give a two week break and voila, a real title game. People flock to the Super Bowl every year, and they would certainly flock to this game.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Or you can use the 32 bowl games sponsorships as sponsors for the most massive football playoff ever seen.

Who's up for the 6-6 Arkansas State vs 6-6 Wyoming play in game!

I'm sorry.

I can't follow why Congress wants to fix something that isn't broken when so many other issues need to get unbroke.

I just can't dig it

Bucknut

I'm sorry.

I can't follow why Congress wants to fix something that isn't broken when so many other issues need to get unbroke.

I just can't dig it

That's the first post of yours that I've been able to make any sense of in quite a while.

And I agree. They should have alot more on their minds then the BCS.

That's the first post of yours that I've been able to make any sense of in quite a while.

And I agree. They should have alot more on their minds then the BCS.
There is a cow pie shortage in north california. and don't tell me about Arizona. peyote makes me type without consonants.

but, yeah. seems like they should

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm sorry.

I just can't dig it
hey, I'm all for a playoff, and I agree, the BCS is BS.....but this country has much bigger issues for our lawmakers to worry about than the BCS. Well said Mr. jones, well said.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You know the government. Them pecker slapping the BCS wil make people forget about their troubles.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I am all for a playoff system. The BCS is totally a sham and it does not allow for a fair bowl system where some teams do not get a shot at a National Championship.

I do understand that a 12-0 team in one conference may not be equal to a 10-1 in another because the competition level in the 10-1 conferece is that much higher and the 12-0 team's record may be a little inflated because they don't face strong opponents. But, if they are not that good, they get exposed anyways in the playoff system because the 10-1 team will beat them out and knock them off. But we'll never know under the current system. We see upsets all the time...Appalachan State over Michigan? Even in Pro Sports, Denver Nuggest over the Seattle Super Sonics. It can happen. So let's allow the opportunity.

Also, the voting is subjective. It's like figure skating, some people get to vote on their opinion and someone wins gold pretty much. LOL You play, you win and you earn that right. No voting in...that's not football.

However...this should not be something the gov't should be involved in. The NCAA should be doing it on their own. The gov't coming in is a waste of their time and taxpayers money for convening to discuss this.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I beleive there should be some kind of change to the BCS, maybe a playoff is the answer. Maybe making teams play real opponents all year and not doing matchups like Penn St vs Coastal carolina like they did last year. Those games prove nothing. Every year it is questioned on what two teams play for the national championship. This past year Texas got hosed when Oklahoma got the nod. Texas beat Oklahoma earlier in the year. Til they get a playoff system or get rid of these automatic win games, this will be an issue each year.

On a side note, right now there are way too many bowl games. Up the standards and quit letting 6 win teams go to bowl games. Who really cares about two 6-6 teams playing each other except for the towns they are from?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I dont have an issue with the lower tier bowl games. Let em knock themselves out. I know it doesnt compare, but CBB has the NCAA Tourney, the NIT, and the CBI.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
There's already a template in place for a college football playoff. It's called "every other Division of NCAA football", and they've been doing it for years.

Nobody will ever be happy with this system, no matter how big the playoff (which will never happen). With a single Championship game, the #3 team cries foul, if it's a 4 team playoff, the #5 team will cry foul, etc etc.

I do agree that this isn't really a matter for Congress or Obama to get bogged down with. They should focus on things like the economy, foreign policy, and a HUGE raise for our beloved Military. LOL