Collingsworth

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Has to toe the liberal line. No choice if he wants to keep his job.

However woke twitter is still calling him a racist for pregame statement.

Screwed either way

Last edited:

Mike

Administrator
Has to toe the liberal line. No choice if he wants to keep his job.

However woke twitter is still calling him a racist for pregame statement.

Screwed either way

Week 1 was not kind to the NFL, about a 10% drop in viewers. It will be interesting to see how week 2 looks after many that chose to watch may have been turned off by the politics.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Week 1 was not kind to the NFL, about a 10% drop in viewers. It will be interesting to see how week 2 looks after many that chose to watch may have been turned off by the politics.

This is a real 'misinformation' nugget of fact. Yes the overall viewership for the NFL is down. But the #1 rated program was Sunday nite football, the #2 rated program was Thursday nite football and the #4 rated program was Monday nite football.

It's not that people are turning away from football. It is still the highest rated programming in the land. This is more a function of the fact that more people are watching through streaming and other means. Viewership of traditional television is down across the board for everything but again it is because people are using alternatives to view other than traditional networks.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I know a few friends that have 100% given up the NFL. These are men that watched every game each week on TV but the protest have turned them completely away. I make sure that I do not watch the start of any game. As far as I'm concerned anything short of standing relevantly during the presentation of the flag and national anthem is disrespectful and goes against the flag code that we've had for longer than I've lived.

Mike

Administrator
This is a real 'misinformation' nugget of fact. Yes the overall viewership for the NFL is down. But the #1 rated program was Sunday nite football, the #2 rated program was Thursday nite football and the #4 rated program was Monday nite football.

It's not that people are turning away from football. It is still the highest rated programming in the land. This is more a function of the fact that more people are watching through streaming and other means. Viewership of traditional television is down across the board for everything but again it is because people are using alternatives to view other than traditional networks.
I get that, and if this streaming thing was brand new, I might go for it.

Thing is, streaming is and has been super popular. Quite often, totally free, but not so much this year. Networks that were allowing me access last year, and now allowing me a few minutes then shutting me off, LOL

Time will tell.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I get that, and if this streaming thing was brand new, I might go for it.

Thing is, streaming is and has been super popular. Quite often, totally free, but not so much this year. Networks that were allowing me access last year, and now allowing me a few minutes then shutting me off, LOL

Time will tell.
Haven't paid a cable bill in many years. Easy to find live streams that are free. Not necessarily legal but meh. Been watching football like that for 8 years and the alphabet boys ain't kicked my door in yet.