Cleveland Defense

Trickster

Are they worth holding onto for the rest of the season (or at least until their bye week) or do you think they will slump? They have a tough upcoming schedule against some pretty high octane offenses. They have to play the Lions and Packers the next two weeks, KC third week (not too worried) and then the Ravens.

jjtweeks

what are some options you have on waivers and is that your only def. They look like they only have 1 favorable matchup left and for most leagues it will be the last game of regaular fantasy season so to me they are not worth holding on to

gizzil

In what leagues is Green Bay not taken that you keep recommending them?? :) Maybe it's just our proximity to the heifer state, but they are pretty much always drafted and held here

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I Would consider the them a matchup play. You should feel free to grab the hot hand.

Last edited:

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
In what leagues is Green Bay not taken that you keep recommending them?? :) Maybe it's just our proximity to the heifer state, but they are pretty much always drafted and held here
I just picked them up in two free leagues. SUDFFL here for one example.;) I had the Jets last week. And I'm still not winning. Imagine that.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Can you believe I just dumped Avery and picked up Zac Stacy off waiver in my paid league?
+where's that little smiley guy that does the banana dance when I need him?+

gizzil

I am making a waiver claim for Stacy myself... He is the pickup I have been waiting for... I feel it

jjtweeks

i picked up stacy and cunningham because i wasn't sure in my paid league, guess I can drop cunningham now.

jjtweeks

Vikes and Pats are not bad in you just need to play a few matchups. Vikes have a few decent matchups week 6,7, . Pats 7,9,11 are good and should be an Ok week 8

Trickster

So recommendation, you think I should drop Cleveland this week...pick up MIN for this week...dump them then pick up NE for week 7 or 8?

jjtweeks

it's hard to say. can you keep the browns and drop a different player to play the matchups. Browns have a nice schedule weeks 11,12 ,13 (cin,pit,jac) but borwns are not goona get many point on def this week agaisnt det or until after their bye. Vikes aren't going to get a great amount this week against panthers but should do a little better than cle would. If it were my team i would keep Browns(because someone will pick them up) and drop another player to play matchups. NE has more favorable matchups than Vikes and about the same as Browns but Pats are not gonna get you much in week 6 against the Saints. Patriots and Browns pair up togehter nicely so I would find a way to have both and you might just have to bite the bullet on week 6.
With your options at week 6 theres not gonna be a huge difference maker so might as well plan for future.
Pitt and jets suck but play each other. Afraid if I picked one of them up Pats would be gone by next week.
Sorry if i couldn't be of more help but i don't know what your league looks like and if you have an easy week or you need every point possible

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
WW availability this week: NE, BAL, PITT, JETS, VIKINGS....and that's pretty much it
Keep Cleveland for this week. If Miami is available they play Buffalo next week. I would keep Cleveland this week and then pick Dolphins up.

Next Week NE may pan out but you can always count on Baltimore. Almost the same applies to the ever-proficient Pitts defense. NE plays the Jets who seem to be surging under Geno Smith. The Jet's defense is getting really good. So is Buffalo's.

Week 8 NO plays Buffalo. I'd just follow the teams that play Buffalo until that strategy runs out and you wind up with a pretty good defense. The key is playoffs week, 15 and 16. Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oakland, have good schedules that week. But Baltimore has an easy schedule after their bye week for the rest of the season. Is Baltimore really still available?! I'd pick them up on their bye week 8 and you're done for the season.

Last edited: