Citi BCS National Championship Game Discussion Thread

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Texas radio reports McCoy is questionable for the second half. Treatment continues, injury unspecified. We will have Gilbert till the half.

of course by then its probably going to be around 28-6 and too late.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Texas radio reports McCoy is questionable for the second half. Treatment continues, injury unspecified. We will have Gilbert till the half.

of course by then its probably going to be around 28-6 and too late.

If he's in questionable condition, do they play him and subsequently risk his health/draft stock or continue putting hope in the freshman?

bodey24

Staff member
If Texas can start tackling Ingram it won't be to late. I know it's easier said then done though.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Bama offense isn't going to rack up those kind of points on the Horns unless your offense gives it to them. Texas should remain in the game based on their defense.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If he's in questionable condition, do they play him and subsequently risk his health/draft stock or continue putting hope in the freshman?

I dont think theyd throw a hurt guy to the wolves.

But then you have some who come from the school that his NFL status isnt our problem, winning our games is, and we should play him.

I figure they will at least try to use him.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You have to think with the openings weve had we very well could be up by 2 scores right now with McCoy in there....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think right now Texas needs to concentrate on holding to a FG and go in down 17-6 at halftime with time to adjust and think.

bodey24

Staff member
They need to start throwing bubble screens or something to Shipley. Get the ball into his hands somehow.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
I dont think theyd throw a hurt guy to the wolves.

But then you have some who come from the school that his NFL status isnt our problem, winning our games is, and we should play him.

I figure they will at least try to use him.

Team before player, yes. But its a kid's future at stake. It is a conundrum though. I wouldn't feel right if he got injured again and couldnt play football.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Team before player, yes. It is a conundrum though. I wouldn't feel right if he got injured again and couldnt play football.

I wouldnt either. Just really sucks we dont get the chance to face Alabama with all our weapons. I still think wed be winning right now with McCoy, but no excuses.