Chris Henry R.I.P.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
At a time of year when family's are putting up Christmas decorations and getting the last minute shopping done.

The poor Henry family will be planning the funeral for there loved one Chris Henry

You may pull my "Man Card" if you wish, this hit me very hard with hearing the tragic news that Chris Henry has passed away from the life threatening injuries sustained yesterday at the very young age of 26yrs :sad:

After pulling his life out of the fire and turning things around for himself and getting on the right track to continue a promising NFL career, and then it was all taken away in a flash.

My thought and prayers are with his family and friends during this time of sorrow

mills

This is extremely tragic news and one can only be humbled by how fragile life is. Chris was turning his life around and getting his priorities straight, but God does mysterious things and maybe this is a lesson for all of us, make sure you're living the life you should be, hopefully Chris was in the right spot in all points of his life.

I think living in Charlotte and this happening literally a couple of minutes from my house makes this even more bothersome for me.

My condolences go out to the Henry family and his family with the Bengals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
henry_splash1.jpg

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I write this today with a heavy heart. Most of you that will read this know me as die hard Bengals fan. One thing I have never had to experience up to today is the loss of a player on my favorite team. It is something that is hard to describe. You spend so much time, so much energy, and so much passion in following these players that they become more than simply athletes you watch on tv. Chris Henry is a man who I followed since his rookie year. Through all the ups and downs, the great plays and the personal troubles I followed his career and shared my feelings on him as a player and a person. I saw Henry go from a man who was very immature and could not stay out of trouble mature into a man who seemed dedicated to his job, his community, and his family. A man who had learned from his past and seemed dedicated to sharing his story with other youths. I truely feel he had turned his life around for the better, he was not perfect, but none of us are. It is indeed very tragic and sad to see it all end this way. 26 years is way too short.

My thoughts and prayers are with his children and his family as they deal with the loss of Chris. RIP Chris, you will be missed by all of us in Bengals Nation.

jaybebo

Such a talented player but what a troubled life...my prayers are with his family and friends....

maverick824

Henry was one of the best receivers in West Virginia history.....I remember being pretty excited about seeing what he could contribute to the Bengals when they drafted him.....he made an awesome trifecta in 2005 with Ocho and Housh, despite the problems he was suffering from due to his personal decisions....a very large part of that team's success on the offensive side of the ball absolutely HAS to be attributed to the fact that you simply could not cover him coming out of the slot. Most likely one of the most talented 3rd WR's you'll ever see playing for an NFL team. I'll remember the 2005 playoff game against Pittsburgh, on the play Carson went down, it was him streaking down the sideline with the 50 yard catch on the other end of the throw. Just like every other Bengal fan, we all had our concerns about him being resigned, however, in those short 18 months, he got the opportunity to show his fans, his teammates, and everyone associated with the Bengals that unlike so many athletes that make the wrong decisions, he had indeed turned the corner and was ready to become a man, both personally and professionally. I remember feeling absolutely terrible this season when he went down. It was another huge setback professionally for him, but I can honestly say I no longer had any doubts about his ability to no longer let his teammates down with his personal decisions, as I'm sure every Bengal in the locker room would attest to. Unfortunately, we will no longer have the opportunity to see Chris continue down his path in the NFL, and see what kind of career this ultra-talented kid could have had. My thoughts and prayers also go out to his family and teammates today, and I'm proud to say that I'll remember Chris Henry for all the right reasons, even though his life ended far short of where most of us hoped it would. RIP #15, always in our hearts!!! WHO DEY!!!

Mike

Administrator
This is just do damn young to die.

For me, this relates to a very tough time that I still fight through, and it has brought back a ton of horrible memories for me. I have a nephew that went down many wrong paths as a teenager. For a brief time, he traveled the country with me and my wife while I made efforts to get his mind in the right direction. Eventually, the light bulb came on, and he broke away from the mistakes and bad friends he had been making. Unfortunately, it all took a bad turn when his life was taken for no reason. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to get away from things, those things follow you.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Here are some stories of what players did today to commemorate Chris Henry..

Bengals' Chad Ochocinco explains why he wanted to wear Chris Henry's jersey - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

washingtonpost.com

Tributes to Chris Henry: Marshall\'s Nameplate in Warm-Ups, Ochocinco\'s Subdued Celebration - Andy Hutchins - The Sporting Blog - Sporting News

Nice gestures....and i know alot of people in the SO don't like Chad Ochocinco but i do and i say you should have worn it man...the fans would have understood why.