Chad Ocho Cinco needs Houshmandzadeh like Hugh Hefner needs playmates

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Way back during the dark ages when I attended the esteemed Colorado State School of Journalism I learned a few basic tennants of how to write a headline. But sometimes the headlines write themselves. As in this case.

In addition to him keeping his ridiculous last name, Ocho talks about a bunch of things on Bengals.com including his thinking that if Carson Palmer comes into the offseason healthy and he and Housh get into camp on time then Ocho believes the Bengals could mount a comeback story ala the Cardinals. Biiiiiiig ifs in that thought but does he have something here?

Linkage

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
If Ocho is talking like this then I think this is a good thing and something that will be good for the team.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
If Ocho is talking like this then I think this is a good thing and something that will be good for the team.

I like the focus on the team today. But there is a ton of time between now and camp and let us never forget who his agent is:

56-drew-rosenhaus.jpg

Also IF Palmer is healthy, If Housh signs and reports to camp, and IF Ocho does the same then the Bengals could do something. I think I could go on with more IF's but those are the ones he talks about in this interview.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
This is very true. But BUT I think just maybe Ocho might have learned something wiht last years off season. I think all those IF could happen.

Runnik's Hambones

You're very right that this is a big IF, however I agree with Nikki, that his team needs him to be the motivating Ocho, not the destructive Cinco. If he can keep his teammates together, and get them to believe in their abilities as a unit, I think he's actually taking a step in the right direction. That whole team is better when and if CJ feels and speaks this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
You're very right that this is a big IF, however I agree with Nikki, that his team needs him to be the motivating Ocho, not the destructive Cinco. If he can keep his teammates together, and get them to believe in their abilities as a unit, I think he's actually taking a step in the right direction. That whole team is better when and if CJ feels and speaks this way.

Very true. I must withold judgement that Chad will keep his big boy pants on for the long term until I see it done. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture and Miller may have to cut short his session with the local park bench to illuminate me but he's been about as up and down a player as I can remember regarding his attitude.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Very true. I must withold judgement that Chad will keep his big boy pants on for the long term until I see it done. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture and Miller may have to cut short his session with the local park bench to illuminate me but he's been about as up and down a player as I can remember regarding his attitude.
I don't see how you can say he is as up and down of a plater as you can remember....he had one big down, last season....other than that when has he ever been anything but cocky and confident on the Bengals? COC will be back, and I'm glad to hear him being ready to be there on time.

I do disagree with his comment though, Housh needs COC far more than COC needs Housh...and I love them both...but just look at the numbers, they say it all. Look at COC minus housh and Housh minus COC....Housh does much better when COC is in the line-up.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I don't see how you can say he is as up and down of a plater as you can remember....he had one big down, last season....other than that when has he ever been anything but cocky and confident on the Bengals? COC will be back, and I'm glad to hear him being ready to be there on time.

I do disagree with his comment though, Housh needs COC far more than COC needs Housh...and I love them both...but just look at the numbers, they say it all. Look at COC minus housh and Housh minus COC....Housh does much better when COC is in the line-up.

Sorry Miller, I was referring to his attitude and not his performance on the field. On the field he's been very consistent and at a high level. But his attitude is suspect. I've heard these team first comments from him before and he always seems to gravitate back to "me".