Cam Newton and the Ravens

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
20200518_215332.png

I actually think this is a valid question. As you can see I voted yes.

I would have ZERO issue with Cam backing up Lamar. That would be the best 1-2 qb depth in the league.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Just don't think this will happen. Cam says he is willing to be a back up, but I think he would prefer a team where he could eventually move into the starting job. That won't happen in Baltimore. They are committed to Jackson.

No, his best shot is a team like - Pittsburgh where there isn't clear succession and the current starter is getting older.
Detroit, Atlanta, Tennessee(makes most sense to me since Tannehill can't stay healthy) but not sure on cap space for these teams

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Superman my asp! Elite backup? Hail is he even an elite clip board holder at this stage of his career? You couldn't pay me to put him and his ego onto my NFL team.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Superman my asp! Elite backup? Hail is he even an elite clip board holder at this stage of his career? You couldn't pay me to put him and his ego onto my NFL team.
Ego is a huge issue I agree, but if he is really healthy and can throw the ball again, he could be a solid vet. I just don't see him being the running wrecking ball he was in the past, and that was his main part of the game.