Cam Newton and Auburn in trouble?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
nothing will come of this..there is no proof except a guys word and Urban meyer trying to stur up some shiz...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
News today is Auburn has recieved a letter from the NCAA today advising they are going to investigate this.

Id say play him. If he turns up to be ineligible later, you lose all the games anyway. Might as well roll on with it.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I agree roll with it. I'm assuming the qb who would go in place of Cam would win as many games. They would win but not all.

aspera1163

Im not sure if the mass public realize how prominent buying players is in the NCAA? Major Basketball and Football schools have been paying players to come to their school since scouting was created. Its like steriods in baseball during the 90's, if everyone was doing it then no one had a real advantage. UF, Miami, Fla St, USC, LSU, UGA, Tenn, UT, OU .. they ALL pay players in some form or fashion. It could be cash in hand, rent for a nice apartment, lease on a new vehicle, or paying for Dad's church repairs. Its happening every off season and will continue to unless players get considerable compensation beyond scholarships for there play.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
So......say you pay the players...what is a fair distribution?

Why should the QB at Auburn get paid more than the QB at North Texas?

aspera1163

It would have to be like stipend and its contingent upon you finishing the season on the team. The players are not allowed to work and this money would cover the expenses they have plus spend money in order to live. I know it doesn't change big name guys like Cam Newton who will get big booster money regardless but the DL who was the 40th best in the country may not get swooned by an NFL agent with a couple of thousand in his pocket. It would be difficult to watch every college and every booster owned business that funnels the money to the stars but something needs to be paid to the players beyond a scholarship.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
No way should college players get paid. It is an honor to play sports in college and strive to make it in the pros. These young women and men play their hearts out for a chance for the big pay day. It makes college sports more exciting, imo, than pro sports. In the pros they get paid and either succeed or fail. Which brings up why i do feel pro players need to be paid on a performance scale. Not on a scale of where drafted and before they even play a game. Too many college successes have been failures and walked away with tons of money.

aspera1163

No way should college players get paid. It is an honor to play sports in college and strive to make it in the pros. These young women and men play their hearts out for a chance for the big pay day. It makes college sports more exciting, imo, than pro sports. In the pros they get paid and either succeed or fail. Which brings up why i do feel pro players need to be paid on a performance scale. Not on a scale of where drafted and before they even play a game. Too many college successes have been failures and walked away with tons of money.

All the nostalgia of college football is good in theory but when you have college athlete who cant work because of their athletic and educational commitments, they find money other ways. Whether it be from selling drugs or taking money under the table from boosters, college kids will find money one way or the other. The only issue I see with pay for play athletic stipends is "Who gets what sum of money?" Does the star QB get more than the women's volleyball player?