Byron Leftwich named Bucs starter

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
According to Jay Glazer, Bucs coach Raheem Morris informed his players this morning that Byron Leftwich will be his starter.

cctekguy

Staff member
My Chiefs could use a loyal fan!

...but since you are jumping ship, I guess you don't qualify. :whip:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I can't believe they did this. Give it a few games (loses) and coach morris will regret this desicion. So i guess this is the beginning to the end to Johnson there. Other teams have to be watching when TB releases him.

Bayton

:53 ET
Bucs coach Raheem Morris said QB Luke McCown will be the backup to starter Byron Leftwich, with rookie first-round draft pick Josh Freeman No. 3. Morris did not rule out keeping a fourth QB, Josh Johnson.
2:51 ET
Bucs coach Raheem Morris on how newly named starting QB Byron Leftwich fits the offensive scheme: "We're going to run the ball. We want to be a run-play action team. That kind of fits the mold of what he does. Play-action, throw the ball in chunks, try to get big plays. That's what he showed he could do in the preseason."
2:49 ET
Bucs QB Byron Leftwich on whether his slow release is a shortcoming: "If you watch film, and you watch everybody else throw in this league, I might have a longer release, but I think I anticipate a whole lot better than a lot of guys. And that's what I have to do to make up for my slow release."

--from cbssports.com

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Guys if your into pain come to Dallas.

Join the Texans.

Or just swoon for the days of Chuckie!

Houston is just missing something, not sure what it is, but they are getting better each year and should be a playoff team this year or next year. Hey maybe they can schedule ND for a game for an easy win. lol

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
LMAO!

I think Houston is just missing that playoff appearance. Even a one and done would do so much for the psyche of the fans and city.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
LMAO!

I think Houston is just missing that playoff appearance. Even a one and done would do so much for the psyche of the fans and city.

Yes it would. Funniest thing about them to me is their very first game in the league. Any Texan fan remembers that and every Cowboys fan wants to forget it. LOL