Brian Hartline: Why did he declare?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Of all the questionable early entries, this one puzzles me the most.
Honestly?

He knows the OSU offense won't be pass oriented next year. IT will be run and flex with the freshman Qb. So his value will only tank next year. He is a pretty good mid round Wr....so why not go now and not risk injury?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He is not a mid-round WR. From Walter Football . com

OhioState_logo.gif
Brian Hartline, Ohio State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 186.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2009): 7.

1/15/09: I don't understand this. Why would Brian Hartline declare after such an awful year? He had just 21 receptions, 479 yards and four touchdowns as a junior.

7/26/08: Brian Hartline finished behind Brian Robiskie in receptions (52) and yards (694) as a sophomore. He's talented, but his mediocre 40 is going to hurt his draft stock.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Had Hartline returned he would have been the #1 WR. Now, granted being the #1 WR in that offense is a kin to being the fastest man at the annual retard run, but it might have helped.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Hartline thinks he'll be a 2nd to 4th round pick!! Really??? Brian, your a smart guy, put the pipe down though! Your routes are good, but hands are questionable and your speed can't get separation against Big 10 corners....now you want to try NFL corners??? I see him as a 5-7th rd selection.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I've never been impressed with the guy. Even against "mediocre" competition it just wasn't there. If we get a forum up and running id like to start some discussion of some of these foolish early entrants.

Hartline thinks he'll be a 2nd to 4th round pick!! Really??? Brian, your a smart guy, put the pipe down though! Your routes are good, but hands are questionable and your speed can't get separation against Big 10 corners....now you want to try NFL corners??? I see him as a 5-7th rd selection.
NFL WR requirement checklist:
HUGE-ass Ego - check

I've never been impressed with the guy. Even against "mediocre" competition it just wasn't there. If we get a forum up and running id like to start some discussion of some of these foolish early entrants.
I'd say Phicin has a good point.

and so does Sarge. kid had some drops that put me off

on the other hand - doesn't the NFL offer a projected draft analysis to juniors and third year sophomores?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
We do, it's right here, discuss all the draft stuff you want to right here in the NFL forum.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
This is true. I forget who that Baylor guy was back in the mid 90's that thought he was a 1st rounder and didnt even get drafted. Read an article on it.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
maybe there were academic issues. Anyways, guy might make a decent gunner in the NFL.
Nope, he's getting his degree in Communications this spring. That could be part of the motivation, may figure he has his degree, might as well go on to the career portion of his life.

Mr. Hack

Local MMA Guru
I like Hartline, but he would be a key go-to guy next season if he stuck around. No way he goes that early.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Problem is bro there are TONS of guys with the makings of a 4th WR in the draft. Youd certainly think he would not leave school early to be a 4th WR.