Brandon Spikes attempts to blind opponent, suspended

bodey24

Staff member
If the Ohio State player was suspended for a late hit then the NMSU player who took out pettrey should be suspended as well. Because if I remember correctly Pettrey had nothing to do with the play. The NCAA needs to set a punishment for plays like this and stick to it no matter who does it.

Remote Controller

This isn't about the Gators at all. This is about a player trying to blind someone. He should be tried for assault, and thrown out of football.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
The NCAA needs to set a punishment for plays like this and stick to it no matter who does it.

I entirely support this. The problem is that its not going to happen until the NCAA decides not to give a crap about what the media and financial support think of them.

Until then, like I said, its the responsibility of the coach, athletic director and school administration to do something about it. I realize there is always going to a tendency to protect your best players (I don't know anything about the guy, someone will have to tell me if he's even a good football player), but for a school that holds "sportsmanship, character, integrity" as the staples of the program, you have to hold up your end of the deal here. Take the initiative and deal out a fair punishment. Yeah, it may cost you a game, but isnt that kind of the point of a punishment?

Believe me, I'd be saying the exact same thing no matter what school, what player did it. This is not at all about me hating the Gators, although, if you would like me to, I have enough on that topic to fill up a few pages :grin:

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
. Stuff like this happens all the time but the only reason we are having this discussion is because he was dumb enough to get caught.

So that makes it ok to try and take someones eyes out?!?! Would love to see the direction of football goes if that's the attitude going forward.

IMO...this is worse than what Blount did and he hasn't seen the field since...that's the difference between coaches like Cryer and coaches like Petterson.

bodey24

Staff member
I must have missed where I said it was ok for him to do that. The guy already came out and said he never touched his eyes so how is that trying to take someones eyes out? At this point I am not even sure why he stuck his hands in the guys helmet if he didnt touch his eyes.

I don't see how it is much different if the punishment is still the same for these types of incidents. When Miami and FIU got into a huge fight on the field and people had there helmets off swinging them at other people everyone in that game got a 1 game suspension. Other than Blount who has had multiple problems throughout his career, I don't see anyone else that receives more than a 1 game suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
And then Meyer has the nerve to send a tape of a late hit on Tebow to the NCAA because he says the refs missed it. Too effin funny!!!

joefan71

Pitbulls on Crack
Dez

Too often in our society individuals are allowed to hide behind the anonymous face of their corporation or organization. So in the interest of fairness to Dez Bryant and other individuals affected by the decisions of the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee let's put them out there too.

Carol Iwaoka, associate commissioner, Big 10 Conference
David K. Wells, senior associate athletic director, University of Mississippi
Kenneth White, faculty athletic representative, Utah State
Tony Hernandez, senior associate athletic director, University of Miami (Fla.)
Nick Fulton, student athlete, University of Wisconsin
Megan McHugo, assistant director, Ivy League

We should all send them thank you notes for keeping America safe.

Carol Iwaoka - LinkedIn
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Nick Fulton - LinkedIn
[email protected]