Blount WTF

#1bears fan

Did I miss something?? What is going on in Tampa Bay?????? Is he hurt? With his 1 pt week 1 performance and Greene looking no better my RB depth is shot.

Bayton

The Bucs were playing in the hurry up offense due to their stagnating offense for all of the 2nd half. Blount is not the RB they use in that package yet. Graham and Lumpkin are the RBs they use in hurry up/2-min offense. That explains why Blount wasn't even on the field very much. The staff wants Blount to be able to fill that role, short off-season hindered that growth as you can imagine. I would expect him to be used more in the hurry up later in the year. But, this has been talked about most of the off-season down here that Blount was not a "complete" back despite the perceived lack of depth behind him, he wasn't going to play all three downs if the coaching staff didn't think he could adequately perform that role. So, I don't know if that's better news that he wasn't injured, but that's the deal.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Did I miss something?? What is going on in Tampa Bay?????? Is he hurt? With his 1 pt week 1 performance and Greene looking no better my RB depth is shot.

I was also disappointed in Blount's week-1 performance, if he is the Bucs #1 RB and there so called "lack of depth" at RB doesn't make much sense to sit him, if he is having trouble with the 2-min offense dont you all think it would be a priority to get Blount up to speed and on the field in all schemes. :hmmm:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Reports are that he's not much of a pass blocker so for now defenses can key in on running plays when he's in the game and passing when he's not. This is not a good thing.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Graham could well end up being the Hillis of this year. He does everything for that team, and they look like they could really use him well this year.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Reports are that he's not much of a pass blocker so for now defenses can key in on running plays when he's in the game and passing when he's not. This is not a good thing.

Terrible F....*sigh* I'm in the same situation, was rolling with Hillis, Greene and Blount as my RB core...

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Ray Rice was, statistically, one of the worst pass protecting backs last year. Just sayin. It's only week 1, guys.

Runnik's Hambones

Blount will be better. Coach Morris has already taken responsibility for his lack of production and says that they will focus on the ground game a lot more moving forward. It was a shame they didn't give him enough carries but I believe that will get better.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Apparently he sucks in pass protection...so when they get into the hurry up offense...he'll be the guy on the bench.

Runnik's Hambones

He does. Well... I don't know if I'd say he's just flat out bad at it as much as Graham is way better at it. Blount isn't an out of the backfield RB, he's a down the hill guy.