Big trade

gizzil

So I am 4-0, in first place in a 12 team, .5 ppr, .1 yd/point, 6 pt td, Qb have 4 pt TD and .04 pts per yard league. I m however 3rd or maybe even 4th in points, and this is largely due to no production from my QB position and less than stellar depth at RB. I have been offered a trade by a guy that has Luck and Rivers. He offered:

Rivers (83.8 pts)
Arian Foster (42.6)
Percy Harvin (30.7 bye week though)

for

Jamaal Charles (37.4 and 30.3 was mon night)
Jeremy Maclin (63.3)

My initial instinct is of course no, as Charles finally looks like Charles, and Maclin I believe is still top 5 or at least top 10 wr in this league's scoring. Foster is kinda an injury time bomb, and percy is not only that but also somewhat inconsistent fantasy wise. Rivers would be a pretty big upgrade, but then I feel as though my RB get even thinner with the move. My team is

Tom Brady (37.24 pts)
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garcon
Jamaal Charles
Zac Stacy
Delanie Walker
Jeremy Maclin
Justin Tucker
Carolina DEF (yeah I need to replace them apparently)

Andy Dalton (46.38 pts, with the wk 4 bye)
Lorenzo Taliaferro
MJD
Khiry Robinson
Hakeem Nicks

So basically am I cutting bait on Brady? Cuz if I do make this deal I have to drop a QB. And right now it honestly looks like Brady

Last edited:

cctekguy

Staff member
Replacing Brady I agree with and Rivers is a nice upgrade. But, Dalton is startable and even though Charles and Maclin may have injury histories, when they are healthy, they are game breakers.

Foster is done (gracefully, of course, still a few nice games left in him) and I like Healthy Harvin in a WR2/3 kind of way.

Think I'd let Dalton steer the ship and start looking at cheaper options than Rivers. He's still no Manning, after all.

At 4-0, I certainly wouldn't panic. Keep an eye on Bortles, Glennon, Davis on the ww and watch how the bye weeks affect teams that have 2 solid QBs. They may need to dump one for roster space.

I don't see any reason to move core players to boost QB stats. If that was smart, you would have drafted one instead of Charles & Maclin.

ExperiencedRookie

I don't like this deal for you at all. Foster is a scary player to own. Harvin is too actually. I like Fosters production when he's healthy, but that's WHEN. As far as Percy goes, I've never been a believer. He's a freaking gadget player on one of the most run heavy teams in the NFL. I hate his usage.

If you could get him to change 1 if those 2 players to something less risky, I might like it.

Maclin has a pretty wild injury history and I have to believe that Knile is going to cut into Charles

gizzil

I dont like it either obviously but even with being undefeated I think my highest QB output for the season has been 12 points. They pay out for high score of the week as well and quite frankly I am always close. If I had any of those weeks with a legit QB score I would have gotten it. I guess the other big question is just hang on to brady and play dalton til ?? I feel like what i saw from brady monday was just... bad... like maybe he just cant play any more

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
He has no time. Brady is getting rid of the ball like 2.3 sec after the snap because if he doesn't he will get killed. Roll with Dalton.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
yeah, don't do the deal, Foster is no help, and can't be relied on. You will be fine playing matchups with Dalton and Brady