Axe Elf Hates the Players You Love

efactor

Coming at you
Neither?

I won't target a NO wr, if I want a pass catcher out of NO I will target Graham in the 2nd or third round.
I won't target Bowe either, I would jump high and hard early for Charles, and I will take a late round flyer on Kelce as Reid loves him some TE.

But Graham will never see the 3rd round in any TE required league. Mid 2nd maybe...........

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I keep hearing that, but I'm not sure it's entirely true--at least not recently. Yes, Reid was the TE coach for some Pro Bowl guys like Jackie Harris and Mark Chmura, and Chad Lewis had a couple of pretty good years under Reid in Philly, but Brent Celek has been his TE of late, and he hasn't been anything particularly special. A TE needs to score at least 100 fantasy points on the season to be fantasy-relevant, and Celek has scored more than 75 points only twice in his six year career. As a rookie, which Kelce is now, Celek had only 178 yards and 1 TD, so there's no reason to expect Reid to rush Kelce into the spotlight when both Moeaki and Fasano are still ahead of him on the depth chart.
Problem is, as Celek improved into the role, the off. line didn't. HE was kept in to block more and more, he also had some injury issues no one knew until after the season.

I also don't have any faith in KC wrs. Bowe has been and has been a HAS BEEN, almost jeckyl and hyde with old coaching staffs. Then? Pfft. I will take Charles and watch him be the reincarnation of Westbrook. Kelce will get shots in red-zone. Also as a late round flyer, risk is low.

gizzil

I wouldnt doubt brees and payton, especially after last year... but quite a poignant post for this early... I enjoyed the thinking it forced!

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Your analysis seems spot on and I can agree on just about everything you mention.

I think one to add is Arian Foster. Just looking at his performance from last year...
career high in carries (351)
career low in ypc (4.1)
career low in rec (40)
career low in ypr (5.4)
He is also starting to incur more soft tissue injuries (hamstring, etc) that is a good sign of wear and tear.
He is still a good fantasy value but because of his decreased production in receiving yards and recieving TDs he just isn't worth a top 3 pick.
Add a very capable and proven back up in Tate and I think you will see Fosters production continue to decrease in the next year. I don't think he will fall off like Shaun Alexander but he is beginning his fade to black.

I think one to subtract off your list is Brandon Marshall.
There is no doubt he is Cutlers go to guy and for the reasons you mention I think he will have an easier go of it this year. If those other WRs do step up I think it will force defenses to stop rotating their coverage toward Marshall. Last year he was essentially their only weapon and you see what he was able to do. Imagine if defenses have to cover him honestly without rolling the coverage to him every play. Sure his total number of catches may decrease but I think he may become more of the deep threat which will increase his ypc and most likely number of TDs.

deuce4321

Driller
Axe you would be fun to beat. Please to try to jump into some of the SO leagues so we can hear more of this insight.

A

Axe Elf

lol...

In my case, an "SO" league would stand for "Same Ol', Same Ol'," cause that's all I ever hear.

Where do you think the "Shut Up and Draft" league came from?

Don't worry, I will continue to bless you with my insight even if you're not in my league.