A really sticky situation...

gizzil

So I am now down by 1.39 points to somebody also making the playoffs. I have 1 IDP left who will almost certainly give me the win. If I do end up winning, I will be 9-4 and have the 3 seed. However, the 6 seed has Drew Brees, who undoubtedly torches the Bucs week 14, Mark Ingram, Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Joe Mixon... Basically a team poised to score a bunch week 14. Add to that that if I were to beat him, I would go on to face in week 15 the 2 seed, who has Gurley AND Mahomes.

If I were to bench my player, effectively choosing to loose, I would be 8-5 and be the 5 seed. The 4 seed has Newton or Goff, Michael THomas and Davante Adams, Chris Carson, and not a lot else. While those WR are very strong, the rest isn't exactly terror inducing. Add to that the 1 seed who I would play next is kind of cut and pasting his team week to week, and not very strong at all either...

Do I PURPOSELY lose week 13 to go 8-5? It goes against every instinct I have but honestly the road from the 5 seed looks far more favorable than that of the 3. On the other hand, I could have a great or awful week next week, week 15, etc and it totally not matter, and then I forever added a loss to my record.

What say you, Outlaws?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I understand the desire to manipulate the seeding, but you would be seeded in the appropriate spot for your team instead of lower.

Plus if you went on to win the championship from that spot nobody else may know but it would leave a poor taste in your mouth if you have any morals LOL

gizzil

Winning just tastes like winning... I would have absolutely no problem with it, especially if a deliberate move in week 13 caused it :D - so maybe morally challenged??

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
yeah, Karma is a bitch, I would play to win and let the chips fall where they may. No guarantees in any situation, regardless of what you may think

gizzil

I went ahead and won the next three also, 7 straight overall and 12 of the last 14 after the week 1 and 2 debacle; including against the Mahomes/Gurley team in the semis (to be fair it was an epic collapse by him, Ebron, Miller, Juju, Samuel... 4 players under 1 point and 10 players at 5 or under... and I scored my usual consistent if unremarkable 100). Rolled up my finals opponent too. Turns out it didn't matter at all.