5 Super Conferences

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I just recently read about this stuff for the 5 super conferences on the CBS Sports web site.

I briefed over this and it soulds pretty good. They said it may even spell the end of the NCAA. It may get rid of that crappy BCS Bowl System and actually award it to a real National Champion that earns it, instead of getting voted in to play it. This may have an actual playoff scenario play out.

I hope it happens!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I just recently read about this stuff for the 5 super conferences on the CBS Sports web site.

I briefed over this and it soulds pretty good. They said it may even spell the end of the NCAA. It may get rid of that crappy BCS Bowl System and actually award it to a real National Champion that earns it, instead of getting voted in to play it. This may have an actual playoff scenario play out.

I hope it happens!

Here are the rumors I have heard:
Big 10 expanding by at least three teams, could be up to five. Targets include - UConn, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Missouri, Texas

Pac 10 expanding - Targets I have heard: Utah, Colorado
My guess is this will increase if Big 10 expands by 5

SEC - has said it also will add if necessary to keep up with Big 10

If this happens, say good bye to Big East and Big 12. Although the Big 12 could potentially expand as well.....although it will be tough to fill what potentially will be lost.

The big driver from my understanding is the Big 10

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
It sounds like the Pac-10 is trying to add a football championship game, at Qwest Field in Seattle, without expanding.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I hear that the Big East is already planning on folding by 2013 or was it 2011. I can't remember what I read. They are trying to keep it quiet but a lot of the teams have confirmed they want to leave and go elsewhere, the others are trying to save it and keep it together.

I for one find it hard to follow with all these conference and stuff. Up here (in Canada), unless I am really, really trying to follow it, I'm lost. I don't understand this voting crap for the BCS and think they need to simplify it.

If PAC-10 has it's own Championship...I think that's cool. If the fivesuper conferences have their own championship...maybe we can get a real playoff system created.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'd like to see the Pac-10 at least get to 12 teams before doing a championship game. As I mentioned earlier, Fresno and Boise would be nice additions..

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
I'd like to see the Pac-10 at least get to 12 teams before doing a championship game. As I mentioned earlier, Fresno and Boise would be nice additions..

Fresno & Boise would be awful additions. All Pac-10 members are high level research institutions. Those who are not need not apply. UC Davis would be a better fit in the Pac-10 than Boise State.