3 rounds in the book, who has made the most progress?

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Have to give it up for the Browns.

Huge trade gave them multiple picks that they used to address defense and receiver, knowing good and well this draft class is deep enough at DL and WR to get great value.

efactor

Coming at you
They took some abuse for taking Aldon Smith, but I like what SF has done. Smith wasn't that much of a reach and obviously they think he will be better than Quinn. Fills a definite need. The more I read about the QB from Nevada, the more I am impressed. Good size, rocket arm, mobile and smart. They didn't give up much to move up to grab him either. Culliver at #3 fills another big need at CB. Good size and speed. Can play safety too and return kicks.

So far, so good on the first half of the draft.

Remote Controller

A homer pick but i like what the Packers have gotten out of this draft and they have 2 4th rounders.

They got a big Offensive Lineman in Sherrod, an Impact Wr/return talent in the hardworking, blue collar Cobb, and the best catching Runningback in the draft with Green to replace Jackson as third down back.

-I think Chicago did well with Carimo and Paea in rounds 1 and 2.
-Cincy did what they had to do.
-Colts extended Peytons carreer and aided their backs with line help
-Bowers and Clayburn for the Bucs
Overall, one of the best drafts for all teams I have seen.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
They took some abuse for taking Aldon Smith, but I like what SF has done. Smith wasn't that much of a reach and obviously they think he will be better than Quinn. Fills a definite need. The more I read about the QB from Nevada, the more I am impressed. Good size, rocket arm, mobile and smart. They didn't give up much to move up to grab him either. Culliver at #3 fills another big need at CB. Good size and speed. Can play safety too and return kicks.

So far, so good on the first half of the draft.

Like how they picked up Colin, as long as they don't rush him in there, he will be better than any QB they have on the roster now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
A homer pick but i like what the Packers have gotten out of this draft and they have 2 4th rounders.

They got a big Offensive Lineman in Sherrod, an Impact Wr/return talent in the hardworking, blue collar Cobb, and the best catching Runningback in the draft with Green to replace Jackson as third down back.

-I think Chicago did well with Carimo and Paea in rounds 1 and 2.
-Cincy did what they had to do.
-Colts extended Peytons carreer and aided their backs with line help
-Bowers and Clayburn for the Bucs
Overall, one of the best drafts for all teams I have seen.

I will throw detroit in there as well. They solidify a DL with the Fairley pick ala Minny with the Williams brothers and Allen, they now have Fairley, Suh and Vandon Bosch. Then they add two key tools for Stafford in Wr and Leshoure who I feel is the best back in this draft. Nice job. Some fill in OL and another cb, or spend to get Asoumagha and they are top flight.

Remote Controller

I will throw detroit in there as well. They solidify a DL with the Fairley pick ala Minny with the Williams brothers and Allen, they now have Fairley, Suh and Vandon Bosch. Then they add two key tools for Stafford in Wr and Leshoure who I feel is the best back in this draft. Nice job. Some fill in OL and another cb, or spend to get Asoumagha and they are top flight.
I have to agree on Detroit. I slammed them for Fairley, not because he was a bad player but i felt they needed to cover. What they have done with LeShoure ans Young was magic!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I like what Detroit is doing as well. TB is having a nice draft too. Cincinnati is making solid progress to adding needed talent.

bobbeaux

i really like what the texans have done to improve their defense, as well as adding parts to switch to a 3-4 . . . i'm very happy with their 1st 3 picks of de watt, olb reed and cb harris . . . so far they've added 2 more cb's and a qb . . . looks like there is going to be an open competition in the secondary as we've had many hopefuls drafted thru the years that have been injured more than they've played . . . still hoping for a couple fa additions to the secondary as well, but the defense is rounding into shape . . . now i just wish they had time to practice the new scheme before/if the season starts . . . ;)

going by the moves of the others in the afc south, i could easily see us moving to #2 in the division.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tampa, and Detroit killed this draft I think. Alot of teams did well, and hit key talent at key times. But to me those two seem to be on top the most.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I was very happy with Detroit's draft. The WR took me off guard in the second, but like the Fairley pick, the more I read and thought about it, the more I liked it. And I was really hoping they picked LeShoure in the draft. Him and Best will be a very nice backfield duo.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I was very happy with Detroit's draft. The WR took me off guard in the second, but like the Fairley pick, the more I read and thought about it, the more I liked it. And I was really hoping they picked LeShoure in the draft. Him and Best will be a very nice backfield duo.

Tell you what, understand most wanting more at OL. But LeShoure will make Stafford survive more. Using him and Best to run the ball, and put less pressure on Stafford is a great plan. Now instead of having to throw, they can pick their choices, especially with the improvements on defense.

honestly, if Detroit bucks up, and snags Asoumagha in FA, I would be really, really afraid of this team.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Tell you what, understand most wanting more at OL. But LeShoure will make Stafford survive more. Using him and Best to run the ball, and put less pressure on Stafford is a great plan. Now instead of having to throw, they can pick their choices, especially with the improvements on defense.

honestly, if Detroit bucks up, and snags Asoumagha in FA, I would be really, really afraid of this team.

That's what I've been hoping for since he became a free agent

Phicinfan

Administrator
a lot of people are hoping for asoumagha to become a member of their team . . . or joseph jefferson . . . either would make a huge difference in houston.

Do you mean Jonathan Joseph from Cincy? If so, you are right, he would be a great fit as well.