2nd Place for SO in IBL

eaglechick

I'm back :)
my team scored a lot at the beginning of the season but lost some tough matchups. at the end of the year though, in the playoffs, my reliance on adp and hillis came back to burn me :sadbanana: this is especially frustrating considering how close we were to winning

as always, though, it was a helluva lotta fun. love this league and we'll get 'em next year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well, I got where I got inspite of myself. I scored huge getting Witten, Gates, D.Jackson and Wayne in the draft. My Rbs sucked...but I nabbed Hillis before he was the flav(thanks RC on that! :thumbsup: ). Made some moves later to fix issues. Oh, and nabbing Rivers in the 6th or 7th round helped hugely.

But in the playoffs I was solid, but no real huge explosions like in the reg. season.

This league is a bitch. I had weeks where I was scoring 140+ and going 3-4 while other weeks I had scores of 115 or so, and went 6-1 :dunno: You just can't over think yourself.

One other suggestion. Make sure you have a running game to lean on later in the season. Weather can be a bitch if you don't.

Remote Controller

It's kinda funny that one of the very things that helped us get close to the top at the end, hampered us in the playoffs. Hillis got ran down. I wish I would have had the same faith in Woodhead, who I acquired midseason. I would have won another dozen games with him in my lineup on a few key weeks for either CJ or Hillis. (and I had thoughts those weeks) The last week was the one I should have benched Hillis or CJ for Danny!

Remote Controller

The Boldin dilema killed me. He started out on fire.......Mason bitched about touches openly and Boldin got nary another look with even TJ getting more love in the end. I noticed that Boldin got targets, but Flacco just couldn't make them count.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
:bowdown:Hats off to every IBL-er. Seriously, you guys/gals bring home some thick cut bacon week after week and do so with the glory of SO behind you. 2nd place is still very respectable in a league that requires you to climb Mt. Everest each and every week.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
marshall sucked pretty bad as well, but a few of us grabbed brady sarge and he was pretty good... too bad we didn't target rivers though

Actually, I had Rivers, he was awesome for like 10 weeks. He cost me in the playoffs...until I finally switched to Jax's Qb for the last week. Had I switched earlier, I might have done better.